Gigposter: Newport KY 01 III

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Gigposter: Newport KY 01 III

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about the The White Stripes gigposter for their June 2nd show in Newport, Kentucky 2001 by Print Mafia.

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Gigposter: Newport KY 01 III

Post by kevron6 »

This poster is a classic everytime I see the image it reminds me of exactly why I instantly liked the White Stripes to begin with. God Bless you Print Mafia
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
billdore
Little Bird

Post by billdore »

^Agreed. This is a great one.

Also, a general question, is there a way to put these poster topics in chronological order (are they in some kind of order now that I don't understand?)?
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

They are not in any real order, just based on the topic most recently posted in, typical of any forum I suppose. The main website associated with this forum (which is currently under construction day by day) with have posters associated with shows in chronological order which should link to these topics ( :arrow: that's a good idea Ian!), so that shoud meet your request, in time in time.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

You can also search the forum using the bog in the very top right if you want.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

7th_son wrote:The main website associated with this forum (which is currently under construction day by day)
Is this the one with the awesome intro? ;)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

no. Different site.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

Ah yeah, my mistake. :oops:

How many bloody websites are there at the moment :lol:
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

Probably my favorite piece from print mafia. It would look excellent framed next to Rob's Columbus/Indianapolis 03 set.
printmafia-connie
Mafioso

Post by printmafia-connie »

3quid wrote:Probably my favorite piece from print mafia. It would look excellent framed next to Rob's Columbus/Indianapolis 03 set.
We actually had the same reference pics that Rob used for the Indy poster and the Columbus poster set aside for a hopeful future Stripes poster. Jim went to the Indy show and guess what was on the poster at the merch table. We were bummed. We also had the wishbone image too. We learned not to sit on stuff for too long.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

printmafia-connie wrote:
3quid wrote:Probably my favorite piece from print mafia. It would look excellent framed next to Rob's Columbus/Indianapolis 03 set.
We actually had the same reference pics that Rob used for the Indy poster and the Columbus poster set aside for a hopeful future Stripes poster. Jim went to the Indy show and guess what was on the poster at the merch table. We were bummed. We also had the wishbone image too. We learned not to sit on stuff for too long.
Wow, completely independent of each other? What are the odds.
printmafia-connie
Mafioso

7th_son wrote:
printmafia-connie wrote:
They came out of a set of 1969 Child Craft books that Jim got as a kid. We have used lots of stuff out of them. Actually lots of poster people have mined them for goodies. Pretty sure Rob has the same set.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

They came out of a set of 1969 Child Craft books that Jim got as a kid. We have used lots of stuff out of them. Actually lots of poster people have mined them for goodies. Pretty sure Rob has the same set.
Thanks Connie always wondered where those images originated.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
printmafia-connie
Mafioso

Kaber wrote:
printmafia-connie wrote:
Thanks for the info. From what I've heard there are 15 volumes. Are the images from the same book or different ones in the set?
Sort of like with encyclopedias, some images carry over to other volumes and some are new each time. Also the styles of the illustrations can change depending on which volume and what category you are looking at. There are lots of photos throughout all the volumes though. The best thing is that the pics are of children actually doing things or holding bizarre stuff, as with the wishbone pic.