Gigposter: Portland 03 Jones

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Gigposter: Portland 03 Jones

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about the The White Stripes gigposter for their show in Portland 2003 by Rob Jones.

WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Gigposter: Portland 03 Jones

Post by kevron6 »

Not much to add about this one, wish I had a copy .

Edition size: 333
Poster size: 26x20
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

this was my first piece of white stripes merchandise. it's from the 9/17/03 show, but i bought it at the 9/20/03 las vegas show. this was back in the day of posters not selling out and they had some of this one leftover to sell at my show. i ended up going home and emailing rob about it and asking if there was a vegas show poster since it was my birthday and i was a huge fan, etc....and there wasn't. :( but i did end up buying a couple other posters (jack and meg from LA shows) from him and he threw in a printed out version of the jack poster with the details of the las vegas show so i had a show poster from my birthday. :D i've been quite fond of him ever since.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I have a different version of this poster, it is done with different inks that Rob was testing, they were more vibrant and wouldn't scratch but none of the batch came out.. except for mine apparently. It's signed by Rob and numbered Taurus/Sagatarius... or something, I'm at work so I'm not certain, but it's quite cool overall.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

roxxan23 wrote:this was my first piece of white stripes merchandise. it's from the 9/17/03 show, but i bought it at the 9/20/03 las vegas show. this was back in the day of posters not selling out and they had some of this one leftover to sell at my show. i ended up going home and emailing rob about it and asking if there was a vegas show poster since it was my birthday and i was a huge fan, etc....and there wasn't. :( but i did end up buying a couple other posters (jack and meg from LA shows) from him and he threw in a printed out version of the jack poster with the details of the las vegas show so i had a show poster from my birthday. :D i've been quite fond of him ever since.
That is a really cool story roxxan. Imagine this poster not selling out. Wow.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

higherlimits wrote:I have a different version of this poster, it is done with different inks that Rob was testing, they were more vibrant and wouldn't scratch but none of the batch came out.. except for mine apparently. It's signed by Rob and numbered Taurus/Sagatarius... or something, I'm at work so I'm not certain, but it's quite cool overall.

Ian we want pictures talk or type is cheap.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.