Speckled Lafayette Blues First Press (Mystery Solved)

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Speckled Lafayette Blues First Press?

Post by shaneoftheroad »

dunedin wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I'll be damned. The pressing plant just sent me an email confirming a handful of these came out with speckles when they switched the colors over. I asked for further clarification to finally (FINALLY!) put this issue to bed. I'll post again when I hear back again.
Which pressing plant was it? I'm asking for a friend. :lol:
haha Like others, I don't wanna be disqualified for publicly giving the answer. I will say most everyone I've heard from here has been correct.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Speckled Lafayette Blues First Press?

Post by shaneoftheroad »

OK. Lots of news on this variant today (and it is a variant).

I contacted Musicol Record Pressing after I found out they pressed the original white Lafayette Blues. They emailed me back saying the speckles were already on the vinyl when it went out, but not many are out there. I asked for more details and got a phone number for someone who remembered the run, he asked me to call him.

I just got off the phone with Warren at Musicol. He said they pressed for Italy from '98 to around 2002. He said they had another plant in Columbia press early copies of Lafayette Blues and they just showed up with the speckles. I asked him if he was 100% sure it wasn't dirty or moldy. He said, without a doubt the vinyl came to them with the speckles and they went out like that. He said not many got out but they are definitely from the pressing plant in Columbia. He said it wasn't a matter of black getting mixed in with the white, it was just the nature of the vinyl itself. I still don't understand entirely but he was adamant they arrived looking exactly like the ones in my photos. This is very, very cool news for a random Friday.

So that's it, folks. Mystery solved! The Speckled Lafayette Blues is a thing. :) Thanks for all your help/suggestions/tips. Much appreciated.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Re: Speckled Lafayette Blues First Press (Mystery Solved)

Post by bh1644 »

that's cool! glad you got that solved... a lot better news than dirty vinyl... :D
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Speckled Lafayette Blues First Press (Mystery Solved)

Post by Alabama Woody »

Glad you got a "good" one. Happy in turned out that way. :thumbup:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody