Holga Cameras

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Holga Cameras

Post by arewhyehen »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Does anyone use either the Jack or Meg camera? IF so, how well do they work?
I used to use mine quite a lot when I had a lab that could develop the pictures cheaply. Sadly I haven't used them in quite some time and they sit on a shelf with other pieces of the collection. I know nothing about using film cameras and they were fun to play around with and after a roll or two of film you could usually get some decent shots out of them. They've got a fan gallery on the White Stripes page that has quite a few pictures. Actually, one of mine is in the section titled 'Runners-up' for a contest they were having with the cameras.
http://www.whitestripes.com/lomography/lomography.html
Very nice!! Thanks for the link. What sort of prices were you looking at for film?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

arewhyehen wrote: Very nice!! Thanks for the link. What sort of prices were you looking at for film?
I really can't remember. It's been a while since I've taken any pictures and had them developed. I think one place I went would develop a roll for $15 maybe? Then I found a place even closer to where I lived that was only like $10-12. Can't remember how much a roll cost though.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Man I just opened my Meg camera, There are a lot of adapters in there, plenty of instructions and a cool book. Looking forward to studying up on it and trying my hand at a picture or two.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Man I just opened my Meg camera, There are a lot of adapters in there, plenty of instructions and a cool book. Looking forward to studying up on it and trying my hand at a picture or two.
I got the Jack as a gift but I have been thinking about getting the meg. With the price at $85, you can't go wrong..haha
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I really enjoy both of them. I think the Jack is my favorite. I leave the fisheye lens on it all the time cause it makes it look much nicer than just a little plastic "toy" camera. I think I have one set that sits out on the shelf for display and another set of both cameras in boxes. (one was mine and another was the wife's before we got married).
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I really enjoy both of them. I think the Jack is my favorite. I leave the fisheye lens on it all the time cause it makes it look much nicer than just a little plastic "toy" camera. I think I have one set that sits out on the shelf for display and another set of both cameras in boxes. (one was mine and another was the wife's before we got married).
Ya that's what I was wanting to do as well. I want to keep some in the box and then have one of each out on display with my collection that I pick up and use from time to time
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Holga Cameras

Post by Alabama Woody »

With the lower price, it's tempting to get the Jack camera.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

For those of you who are interested in the Jack Holga but have no access to 120 film developing, may I suggest the Holga 35mm adapter? This allows you to put 35mm film in any Holga 120 cam. 120 is really difficult to load without accidental exposure to light, and most cities have few to no resources for developing.

http://microsites.lomography.com/holga/accessories
Hyperbole used for effect!
jastro
Little Bird

Post by jastro »

If you can't find a 120 developer, most cities have a Walmart. Go through their lab, and they'll be able to send out 120 film for development and prints be it c41 or slide. Usually takes about a week.
mojaveplastics.com
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

i was really tempted to buy them both when they were on sale for $140 during the refresh a thon. wish i had the money.
i don't own these, but i do have 2 regular holgas and a diana. and from experience, holgas are way better. the images come out better and i like the feel of them, more sturdy and thicker plastic than a Diana, however, i have 1 holga that has a shit ton of light leaks that i can't seem to get rid of and is super damn annoying. the other one has a few from time to time. but my diana has none, which i like about it, too bad i don't like the results too much
120 film should cost about $5 or so. i usually buy packs of 5 for $25. DO NOT buy the lomography rolls that Urban Outfitters carries. it's pretty crappy and overpriced. a 3 pack is like $23 for color and $18 for B&W
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

i posted some photos from my holga in the analog photography thread if anyone is interested
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Anybody interested in a 35mm back for their Diana?
If you've ever wanted to use your camera, but with the ease of 35mm film, well this is accessory you want. I'm looking to get rid of one, for pretty cheap, that I never use