Holga Cameras

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Holga Cameras

Post by richardcosta »

How come no one cares about these as collectibles? Does anyone have one that they may want to discuss?
hawke000

Re: Holga Cameras

Post by hawke000 »

They are a collectible. Do you want to sell one?
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

I don't have any but I see you can get them on the website. Since they have not sold out I figured they were not that desirable.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

As with most collectible hobbies... as soon as you can't buy them new... they all of a sudden become collectible.
-Grimtale
I am everything you hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Got my Jack & Meg/Holga/Diana last week. Film and processing have become one of my big budget items.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

richardcosta wrote:I don't have any but I see you can get them on the website. Since they have not sold out I figured they were not that desirable.
It's basically a numbers thing. 3000 of each of these puppies were made, and the price is up there. Demand (at the asking price) is low, for now.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Got my Jack & Meg/Holga/Diana last week. Film and processing have become one of my big budget items.
thats why i sold mine it was fun but having some cash for records is too. 120 is expensive and hard to come by and processing is a whole other story
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

littleacorn wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:Got my Jack & Meg/Holga/Diana last week. Film and processing have become one of my big budget items.
thats why i sold mine it was fun but having some cash for records is too. 120 is expensive and hard to come by and processing is a whole other story
How much does a roll of film cost for these cameras?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

$6 - $8 depending on the manufacturer & color vs. black & white.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
davestef
Little Bird

Post by davestef »

i tried using the holga a few years ago, just a plain black one (dead weathery :P), and i wasnt all that thrilled with it. id rather shoot with my DSLR. still a really cool package. dont think id pay that much for it tho. that price seems like the price it would go for on ebay after theyre sold out. i may give my old holga another try now after all this holga talk.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Did I remember correctly that when these came out it was said they would be allowed into Stripes shows to take pictures (Then the stripes never played again) or was I smoking something at the time? Wonder if that would be honored on Jack's tour?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

You'd guess so ...
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
Elephant
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elephant »

flattop2001 wrote:Did I remember correctly that when these came out it was said they would be allowed into Stripes shows to take pictures (Then the stripes never played again) or was I smoking something at the time? Wonder if that would be honored on Jack's tour?
good point... it would be interesting to see what happens. the ushers would probably know nothing about it though. that would be a question for the Pinball Wizard or Consigliere! 8-)
"And you'll be watching me girl, takin' over the world, Let The Stripes unfurl, gettin' rich singin' "poor boy, poor boy"-III
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Does anyone use either the Jack or Meg camera? IF so, how well do they work?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

arewhyehen wrote:Does anyone use either the Jack or Meg camera? IF so, how well do they work?
I used to use mine quite a lot when I had a lab that could develop the pictures cheaply. Sadly I haven't used them in quite some time and they sit on a shelf with other pieces of the collection. I know nothing about using film cameras and they were fun to play around with and after a roll or two of film you could usually get some decent shots out of them. They've got a fan gallery on the White Stripes page that has quite a few pictures. Actually, one of mine is in the section titled 'Runners-up' for a contest they were having with the cameras.
http://www.whitestripes.com/lomography/lomography.html
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+