A complete set of White Stripes vinyl would cost....

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
EveryRecord
Little Bird

A complete set of White Stripes vinyl would cost....

Post by EveryRecord »

Hi,
I recently was wondering how much the rarest copies of each of the White Stripes albums and singles would cost if you were to buy them all together? Not that I'm going to, on account of my not being a millionaire, but I write a music blog and it was interesting to think about (for me anyway).

I had a stab at it, but I bet that I have missed some, so as I am a fairly frequent lurker around these parts I wondered if any of the real experts could cast their eye over this and help me out?

I like that Jack White has "regular" and "collectors editions of his albums and a look at Discogs reveals the following prices for first pressings and rare version. (it's in £ as I'm a Brit)

Link to the full article is here: http://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2013/ ... pes-vinyl/

Albums
Debut TMR 042 Remastered 2010 reissue on red vinyl (500) 300
De Stijl TMR 032 on 13" vinyl OR RED WHITE SPLIT (250) 150
White Blood Cells TMR 033 Red white split (250) 300
Elephant TMR 200 WHITE / RED VINYL 33
Satan ltd XL recordings promo (300) 300
Icky Thump TMR 002 330

Also, I'm working on another article that will list the most valuable Jack White related merchandise (The Theremin, inchophone, Live in Las Vegas etc). Aside from Lafayette Blues, Party of... and Let's Shake Hands singles and the Upholsterer records, what else might make this list?

Cheers

Steve
Kaber
Little People

Re: A complete set of White Stripes vinyl would cost....

Post by Kaber »

EveryRecord wrote:Hi,
I recently was wondering how much the rarest copies of each of the White Stripes albums and singles would cost if you were to buy them all together? Not that I'm going to, on account of my not being a millionaire, but I write a music blog and it was interesting to think about (for me anyway).

I had a stab at it, but I bet that I have missed some, so as I am a fairly frequent lurker around these parts I wondered if any of the real experts could cast their eye over this and help me out?

I like that Jack White has "regular" and "collectors editions of his albums and a look at Discogs reveals the following prices for first pressings and rare version. (it's in £ as I'm a Brit)

Link to the full article is here: http://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2013/ ... pes-vinyl/

Albums
Icky Thump TMR 002 330

Also, I'm working on another article that will list the most valuable Jack White related merchandise (The Theremin, inchophone, Live in Las Vegas etc). Aside from Lafayette Blues, Party of... and Let's Shake Hands singles and the Upholsterer records, what else might make this list?

Cheers

Steve
Those prices don't look that accurate

Take a look at popsike
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kaber wrote:
EveryRecord wrote:Hi,

Albums
Icky Thump TMR 002 330

Cheers

Steve
Those prices don't look that accurate

Take a look at popsike
Agreed. They don't look right at all.

As far as singles go, you might also want to look into the Flying Bomb Surprise Package Vol. 2. Maybe "Red Death at 6:14" and "Hand Springs" as well. Good luck!
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

EveryRecord wrote:Aside from Lafayette Blues, Party of... and Let's Shake Hands singles and the Upholsterer records, what else might make this list?
The Denial Twist 3"
Icky Thump 'Meg' picture disc 7"
I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself red 7"
Rag and Bone translucent red 7"
Top Special 3"
Lord, Send Me an Angel Pacific Rim tour edition 7"
Ball and Biscuit clear 10"
Icky Thump 12" single
Elephant Australian LP
White Blood Cells SFTRI red LP
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Yup. I forgot about variants (as usual). Muchos gracias, crimpies old boy.
EveryRecord
Little Bird

Post by EveryRecord »

Thanks - the prices are on Discogs for records currently on sale in £, so it is odd there's a variance (am I too high or too low?) I guess I'll check Popsike and see if there's an arbitrage on the two sites...
Will also check out the variants mentioned above - very helpful - thank you.