White Stripes LP question

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
ME3
Little Bird

White Stripes LP question

Post by ME3 »

Hey all, newbie here, not sure where to post this question. I picked up the RSD Elephant on ebay. Now I'm curious, did Third Man release The White Stripes, DeStijl, and White Blood Cells on record store days as well when they were rereleased under Third Man Records. If so, were all of them released in the same manner as Elephant (limited split colors followed by the standard black)? Any help would be great, thanks all
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: White Stripes LP question

Post by JonnyH »

ME3 wrote:Hey all, newbie here, not sure where to post this question. I picked up the RSD Elephant on ebay. Now I'm curious, did Third Man release The White Stripes, DeStijl, and White Blood Cells on record store days as well when they were rereleased under Third Man Records. If so, were all of them released in the same manner as Elephant (limited split colors followed by the standard black)? Any help would be great, thanks all
No. They released the first 3 with red/white splits available in specific places(White Blood Cells in Memphis, De Stijl in Denmark, The White Stripes in Detroit) and they were all MUCH more limited than the Elephant.

The first three seem to sell for anywhere around $150-300.

Oh, and Welcome!
ME3
Little Bird

Post by ME3 »

Oh wow. Thanks for the info JohnnyH
ME3
Little Bird

Post by ME3 »

And by JohnnyH, I mean JonnyH. My bad
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

De Stijl was actually in Amsterdam I believe.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Jamie wrote:De Stijl was actually in Amsterdam I believe.
Utrecht to be precise.
Jack ander Meg visited the Rietveld Schröder house when they we're on tour here in '02 or '03 I believe.
Since Rietveld was a member of de Stijl movement he chose a record store in Utrecht for the release of the "de Stijl" split.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

All three were also sold in Nashville over three separate Saturdays. And it was cold.
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

All three were obtained from a "very nice man" in exchange for something else
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Bikedo wrote:
Jamie wrote:De Stijl was actually in Amsterdam I believe.
Utrecht to be precise.
Jack ander Meg visited the Rietveld Schröder house when they we're on tour here in '02 or '03 I believe.
Since Rietveld was a member of de Stijl movement he chose a record store in Utrecht for the release of the "de Stijl" split.
Ahh yes! Thanks for the correction.