Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by rsimms3 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Very awesome! Great job Rob! (as if we didn't already know just how awesome it was)
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom

User avatar
shteev
Little Ghost
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by shteev » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 am

congrats! very awesome!
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.

User avatar
7th_son
Fate Accelerator
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 am
Location: Citadel Hill

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by 7th_son » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:37 am

MEGA congrats to Rob!!!

Image

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chrono_1980 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 am

Thats the first pic I've seen of him. That is an awesome suit!!! :lol:

chanticleer
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chanticleer » Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Is anyone still after the UK edition of this?

I've noticed that the guys over at Rise have a few copies for sale at £100 each, the cheapest I've ever seen. I'd be tempted to get one myself but just can't justify it right now. Direct link: http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/sear ... ights.html

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chrono_1980 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 am

Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by love_islander » Wed May 25, 2011 2:48 am

chrono_1980 wrote:Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...
Are you talking about the footage in the film, other than the whole concert (Under Nova Scotian Lights) in the DVD pack in the boxset?

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chrono_1980 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:51 am

love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...
Are you talking about the footage in the film, other than the whole concert (Under Nova Scotian Lights) in the DVD pack in the boxset?
I was wondering about a full concert. Is that concert only in the box set? Or is it on the regular dvd or cd/dvd pack?

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by love_islander » Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 am

chrono_1980 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...
Are you talking about the footage in the film, other than the whole concert (Under Nova Scotian Lights) in the DVD pack in the boxset?
I was wondering about a full concert. Is that concert only in the box set? Or is it on the regular dvd or cd/dvd pack?
It's a really long show (comparatively) so I would imagine it would require its own disc. So if the UGWNL DVD is one disc, it probably has no show

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chrono_1980 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 am

love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...
Are you talking about the footage in the film, other than the whole concert (Under Nova Scotian Lights) in the DVD pack in the boxset?
I was wondering about a full concert. Is that concert only in the box set? Or is it on the regular dvd or cd/dvd pack?
It's a really long show (comparatively) so I would imagine it would require its own disc. So if the UGWNL DVD is one disc, it probably has no show
Damn - didn't want to open my set. And buyin another one to watch the concert seems silly. Is the concert worth it??

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by love_islander » Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 am

chrono_1980 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:
love_islander wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Does anyone know if the dvd has an option to just watch the concert footage? The blu ray only has the movie, and I was debating picking up the dvd if it has a concert...
Are you talking about the footage in the film, other than the whole concert (Under Nova Scotian Lights) in the DVD pack in the boxset?
I was wondering about a full concert. Is that concert only in the box set? Or is it on the regular dvd or cd/dvd pack?
It's a really long show (comparatively) so I would imagine it would require its own disc. So if the UGWNL DVD is one disc, it probably has no show
Damn - didn't want to open my set. And buyin another one to watch the concert seems silly. Is the concert worth it??
I've watched UBPL dozens of times, but this one only 3, but more so because of the length and the availability of time to watch it these days. I don't remember the song order, but one of my favourite WS live songs isn't in it, so it's the only minus for me.

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by chrono_1980 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:07 am

Thanks for the info sir. Ubpl is an awesome show for sure. Thats what made me think about this one.

User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by rsimms3 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:08 am

I constantly listen to UNSL all the time in the car driving to/from work. That version of "Slowly Turning Into You" is amazing! I love the slot machine type sound he uses in the beginning. AMAZING! Watching that DVD is totally worth it, but if you've kept your set sealed I'm sure you could find SOMEONE that has opened their set and you could borrow just the concert DVD.

YEAH!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom

User avatar
achouza
Little Ghost
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am
Contact:

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by achouza » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06 am

something that i just realized is that union forever is not in the concert dvd,, only the audio cd,,, am i wrong?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>

billdore
Little Bird
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by billdore » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 am

achouza wrote:something that i just realized is that union forever is not in the concert dvd,, only the audio cd,,, am i wrong?
UGWNL or UNSL?

Post Reply