Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
hawke000

Re: Film: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by hawke000 »

WTF? Jesus this is stooping low.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-gOra2oF6k&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-gOra2oF6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:WTF? Jesus this is stooping low.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-gOra2oF6k&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-gOra2oF6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]
WTF !?!?! indeed!

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Hilarious HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

LOL
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

is the box set on Amazon the same one we pre-ordered? if yes, and you order one from Amazon in the UK will you get the UK 7 inch single then?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

richardcosta wrote:is the box set on Amazon the same one we pre-ordered? if yes, and you order one from Amazon in the UK will you get the UK 7 inch single then?
That's right I guess
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

love_islander wrote:
hawke000 wrote:WTF? Jesus this is stooping low.

WTF !?!?! indeed!

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

f'in warner,,,

i just got my prizes for hosting the secret show in philly,,, not that im complaining but you can notice its warner and not third man giving the prizes,,, it had a complete box set and a jack and meg signed dvd which is pretty cool,, its signed on the inside booklet of the standalone dvd,, i would have loved the boxset being signed
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Still wishing that the movie and the box sets were broken out into different threads. Want discuss the movie/screening OR gripe about missing components of the box set. Don't like having to sift through one thread.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Still wishing that the movie and the box sets were broken out into different threads. Want discuss the movie/screening OR gripe about missing components of the box set. Don't like having to sift through one thread.
I'll see what I can about that Ara.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by campp009 »

I went to my fourth screening last night in Long Beach, CA and won a raffle. The prize included a large movie poster, smaller gray poster, smaller advertising poster, a lanyard, and a 13 postcard set. The small card in between the poster and the lanyard is an unofficial ad for the screening last night.

LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

Fucking awesome raffle loot you got there!!!!!!

If someone has already done this, sorry, but I just opened my UK and US boxsets. Found the US box sitting at my front door this morning when the mailman rang to have me sign for the UK set. Thank gawd we didn't get any wind/rain storms or my US set woulda been toast. Who knows how long it sat there...

Anyways, some differences between the two:

US/Warner was packed REALLY well with eggcrate on both sides. Zero damage.
UK/XL came in a box with no protection and one outer corner of the outside box is smooshed in. Oh well, oh well, oh well.

The covering on the album in the UK set is a really nice thick re-usable clear vinyl with flap sort of like an envelope. The US album was merely shrink wrapped in plastic.
The US version had the record and the poster insert placed inside where the records are.
The UK version had them in the middle, with easier access. It was a bit of trouble getting the 45 outta the sleeve in the Warner box.

Do these posters have titles? I got the one with the little girl (queen ?) sitting on the doorstep and the close-up of Jack and Meg with what looks to be a stop sign at the side. Very Happy with them both. Oh yeah, the 45's got a tin man and one with J/M on ice. Haven't cracked open the other stuff yet...
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

what does the UK 7 inch look like?? i got the us 7 inch and am mulling over how to get the uk version,, is it worth it? how different is it?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

The UK 7" was the dorothy and tinman red/black print. The US was like a photo of J/M walking on ice. Are these consistent? Or were the 7" a random selection of more than two options? Is this what you're asking?
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

LaurieAK wrote:The UK 7" was the dorothy and tinman red/black print. The US was like a photo of J/M walking on ice. Are these consistent? Or were the 7" a random selection of more than two options? Is this what you're asking?

yeah i there were just two options,, i just havent seen the UK 7 inch,, damm i imagine nobody is selling their uk 7 inch,,, if so let me know,, or if someone from uk wants to trade their whole box set for a US version let me know, i have a spare US box set..
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

UK charts
25 Under Great White Northern Lights - The White Stripes The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights new entry | 1 weeks in chart Xl Recordings

New entry at number 25
Box sales were definitely not included in the UK chart

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums/