Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by 7th_son »

This topic is dedicated to all releases of the film Under Great White Northern Lights, documenting The White Stripes 2007 tour of Canada.
Globe and Mail wrote:The new documentary will be part of a collection of DVDs, live CDs and a coffee-table book commemorating the White Stripes' Canadian tour.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... le1294143/
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Re: Film: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by 7th_son »

The Vault wrote:Dear Vault members,

Unfortunately a retailer has put up for sale a box set for The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights. We strongly urge you to not purchase from this retailer as full details will be announced about this later in the week.

I'd also like to point out that this information was not released by anybody associated with The White Stripes, had it been, you would have heard about it first.
jbhifionline.com.au wrote:Mixing striking live footage with poignant off-stage moments, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights celebrates the band's 10 year history by documenting Jack and Meg's 2007 tour through every province and territory of Canada. Directed by Emmett Malloy, this visually stirring and emotive feature length film uniquely captures one of the world's most enigmatic bands playing to crowds in towns of all sizes across the Great White North - from traditional venues to matinee gigs at unusual locations such as a bowling alley, a boat and even on a city bus - culminating in a momentous 10th Anniversary show at the historic Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia.

Featuring a DVD of the documentary Film The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (92 minutes).
Also included is a DVD of the band's 10th Anniversary show, The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (135minutes).
Featuring thefirst-ever official live album from The White Stripes, featuring 16 songs recorded at various shows during their 2007 Canadian tour on both vinyl and CD. The double LP comes pressed on 180 gram black vinyl packaged in a gatefold jacket with a 6 panel insert unique to the box set. The CD accompanies the film and Anniversary show DVDs in a special 7' square 3 panel folder along with a 24 page bound booklet and slipcase.
The 7 inch vinyl featuring Icky Thump (Live) and The Wheels On The Bus (Live). Two versions available with different artwork and colour of vinyl depending on your country of residence.
The 208 page hard cover book contains photographs of the Canadian tour shot by Autumn de Wilde with a foreword by Jim Jarmusch.

Estimated Dispatch Date: 16 March 2010
8raita.fi wrote:1 of 6 different silk screens designed by Rob Jones
Just in case you're frantically wondering, I'm not buying from either of those sites and I'd reccommend you don't either. Wouldn't be surprised if their shipment from the manufacturer somehow goes... missing.. :?
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

looks fucking gorgeous. i want it now, sweet Jesus I want a poster so bad it kills me. Nothings worse than going to the premiere and not having a memento :D (yes im spoiled)
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I'm excited for this!! watching that new trailer there is A LOT of the Whitehorse show in the movie, I can even see myself in the trailer :) I think both of the other videos might be Whitehorse as well, it's tough to tell with no sound and with it all being in black & white and zoomed in though.. I can't even remember if they played those songs there to be honest.. I'm going to be watching this movie A LOT I just wish it was on blu-ray..
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Starting tomorrow, December 11th, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights limited edition box set that celebrates their 2007 Canadian tour will be available for pre-order through whitestripes.com. The box set will include 2 DVDs (one of the documentary film and one of their 10th Anniversary show), CD/double LP of 16 live tracks, 7 inch, hardcover book of photographs and a silkscreened print.

The Vault is giving members a chance to get a FREE Rob Jones designed turntable slipmat if you order the box set before December 31st. All you have to do is email us your confirmation number and your Vault ID to: wsboxset@thirdmanrecords.com after your pre-order is complete. We’ll then mail the slipmat directly to you.
This has been designed by Rob in line with the rest of the UGWNL box set art.

FULL DETAILS
Mixing striking live footage with poignant off-stage moments, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights celebrates the band’s 10 year history by documenting Jack and Meg’s 2007 tour through every province and territory of Canada. Directed by Emmett Malloy, this visually stirring and emotive feature length film uniquely captures one of the world's most enigmatic bands playing to crowds in towns of all sizes across the Great White North - from traditional venues to matinee gigs at unusual locations such as a bowling alley, a boat and even on a city bus - culminating in a momentous 10th Anniversary show at the historic Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia.

Limited Edition Box set includes:

- DVD of the documentary Film The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (92 minutes)

- DVD of the band’s 10th Anniversary show, The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (135minutes)

- The first-ever official live album from The White Stripes, featuring 16 songs recorded at various shows during their 2007 Canadian tour on both vinyl and CD. The double LP comes pressed on 180 gram black vinyl packaged in a gatefold jacket with a 6 panel insert unique to the box set. The CD accompanies the film and Anniversary show DVDs in a special 7” square 3 panel folder along with a 24 page bound booklet and slipcase.

- 7 inch vinyl featuring Icky Thump (Live) and The Wheels On The Bus (Live). Two versions available with different artwork and color of vinyl depending on your country of residence.

- 208 page hard cover book containing photographs of the Canadian tour shot by Autumn de Wilde with a foreword by Jim Jarmusch.

- 1 of 6 different silk screens designed by Rob Jones

Pre-order your limited edition box set before January 1st for £ 110/$179. Prices will increase to £ 140 /$229 for all orders placed in the New Year. Prices do not include shipping.

All orders placed before January 1st will receive a limited edition holiday card from the band as well as three exclusive mp3’s of tracks from the 10th Anniversary show instantly upon ordering. Those tracks will be:
A Martyr For My Love For You (Live)
Hotel Yorba (live)
Hello Operator (live)

Box sets will be delivered worldwide on our around March 16, 2010. Fans will also be able to purchase standalone pieces of the film on DVD as well as CD and double vinyl of the 16 tracks on this date. The books will be available to purchase independently starting in April. The box set will be the only place you will be able to get the limited edition 7”, silk screens and The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights 10th Anniversary show DVD.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

higherlimits wrote:I'm excited for this!! watching that new trailer there is A LOT of the Whitehorse show in the movie, I can even see myself in the trailer :) I think both of the other videos might be Whitehorse as well, it's tough to tell with no sound and with it all being in black & white and zoomed in though.. I can't even remember if they played those songs there to be honest.. I'm going to be watching this movie A LOT I just wish it was on blu-ray..

Yeah yeah yeah, can I just have a second to revel in the glory and bliss of the Halifax and Glace Bay footage and the title of the 10th Anniversary show dvd: The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights. :D :D :D

I am SO STOKED for this!!! 8-)

Blu-ray + TWS = ... does not compute.
davestef
Little Bird

Post by davestef »

so id have to sign up for the Vault this month, then pre order it. if i signed up this month for the vault, would that qualify me for the next batch of vault goodies?
seventhson
Little Bird

Post by seventhson »

Wow! That looks amazing. I probably shouldn't spend that much money but I probably will.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

davestef wrote:so id have to sign up for the Vault this month, then pre order it. if i signed up this month for the vault, would that qualify me for the next batch of vault goodies?
I'm not sure... maybe?

And Adam: That's sweet! I wish there was an "Under Great White Edmonton lights" ;) even though the Edmonton Concert was probably the one that I had the worst experience at..
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

davestef wrote:so id have to sign up for the Vault this month, then pre order it. if i signed up this month for the vault, would that qualify me for the next batch of vault goodies?
premium sign up is closed...so you'll only be getting the online stuff... besides you don't have to sign up for the vault in order to pre-order it. This'll be up for pre-order on the WS website tomorrow..
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

yeah but you get a free slipmat if you're a vault member..
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

not to mention, shipping prices scare me sometimes.. i'm just already guessing an even $200 for this one with shipping... can't remember how much they charged for shipping on the cameras but wasn't single digits i know that much....i think...

btw, anyone have an idea what that tallish rectangular box thing is on the upper right portion of the picture? its been buggin me for a while...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"