Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
sound_maniak
Little Bird

Re: Box Set: Under Great White Northern Lights

Post by sound_maniak »

Just got my box set. I have the silksreen, the lp insert, the 7'', the cd but NO DVDs!!!...
That hos to be the worst thing to be missing for that box!!... I can't believe this!
..and there is a split on the upper part of the box too.

I didn't go to see the movie at the theatre thinking I was gonna watch it home when I receive the box.
I was really not impressed!!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

:lol:

Sorry man, that sucks royally. I haven't had any better luck with an order I placed through Warner Bros.' Because Sounds Matters site. I think I may be done ordering anything directly from Warner.
CandyCaneKid
Little Bird

Post by CandyCaneKid »

Has anyone in the US purchased the box set by any means other than directly from The White Stripes/Warner? (ie from a third party site, or in an actual store).

I waited to purchase the box set hoping that it would be available in stores, so I could avoid potential delivery damage/complications. Of course, the day it came out, no one was carrying the box set in stores. Many online retailers have the box set for sale at a discount - however, none actually have it "in-stock". Some claim backorder, others say "arriving soon," and Amazon says it will be released on March 30th. Does anyone know what the deal with that is?

None of my local record stores have it (by local, I mean within about 50 - 75 miles), not the big chain ones or the small shops. None of the big name stores have it either, such as Target, Barnes and Noble, and Best Buy. None of the associates seem to know if/when they will be getting it.

I don't want to order it from Barnes and Noble and have them tell me its "on backorder" only to find out that they won't be getting it. My hope is that Amazon's claim that the box set will be "released March 30th," refers to when retailers will be able to get their hands on it. I can't imagine this would be the kind of thing that wouldn't be for sale in stores, but it would make sense if they tried to sell as many as possible directly through Warner before a mass release to stores.

So, any luck with Amazon, B & N, or other sites? Or have all of you purchased it straight from Third Man/WB?
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

I'd ordered from Amazon.com (because I'm in the UK and neither MyMusic nor Warner would sell me a US copy) but on 18th March they told me:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Under Great White Northern Lights (Limited Edition Box Set)

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
Given that Amazon have now bumped the release date back to the 30th, I'll maybe try again
black.math
Little Bird

Post by black.math »

I ordered my WB copy from cduniverse...
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Newbury comics are selling in store @ $299. Not checked on line.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

flattop2001 wrote:Newbury comics are selling in store @ $299. Not checked on line.
Its the same price online but no International shipping option on the drop down menu

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_bas ... quantity=1
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

I e-mailed WB because one of my 2 box sets came without a Rob Jones print (which is the reason I bought 2, so if anyone is after a US set without the print, let me know).
Here is their genius response:

"Dear Customer;
The silkscreen print can be found inside the LP/Gatefold packaging.
Sincerely,
Warner Bros Records Online Customer Support"

And my retort:
"I am aware of that since I purchased 2 of these box sets - this copy does not contain one at all, which is why I am requesting one."

I am not holding out much hope here.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

These box sets are great but Warner is a joke...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I got this email 6 days ago, still no print.

Dear Customer;

Our warehouse will send you replacement print for your set. No need to return the entire thing.

Sincerely,
Warner Bros Records Online Customer Support
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

For Anyone that is interested in giving them a straight call rather than deal with emails...here's their direct phone number for customer service..

1-866-759-4843

due to some damage all around my box set not hearing back from "HQ" i gave a call yesterday and the lady just told me to send the box back...just like that... whilst the lady i spoke to last week wasn't so sure whether to give me that same response because these are "limited" and apparently the stock is weary back at the manufacturers. I shipped it back nonetheless. I miss my box set already.

I'm honestly slightly worried about whether they're even going to have anymore in stock..especially after reading email from amazon...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
CandyCaneKid
Little Bird

Post by CandyCaneKid »

I just pulled the trigger and bought it straight from WB.

I don't understand the Amazon thing. You can still purchase it from both the UK and US sites, so I don't really understand why they have been canceling people's orders. If I was still able to purchase the box set from Warner, then they should certainly still be available. If you are in a replacement scenario, I wouldn't worry.

They say it is a "Limited Edition," but has anyone actually seen a number?
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

i haven't actually seen a real edition number, (something that'd actually be printed on the box or somethin) but the only thing i noticed was the number written outside the actual cardboard box that they shipped in.

It said, if i remember correctly, "Carton Number: 13xx out of 17xx" i can't remember the numbers exactly, i initially just took the number to literally be the number of the carton itself...but who knows...
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

candycaneboy03 wrote:i haven't actually seen a real edition number, (something that'd actually be printed on the box or somethin) but the only thing i noticed was the number written outside the actual cardboard box that they shipped in.

It said, if i remember correctly, "Carton Number: 13xx out of 17xx" i can't remember the numbers exactly, i initially just took the number to literally be the number of the carton itself...but who knows...
I'll try to remember to have a look when I finally get to mine on Monday
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

i think the part that made me think that the carton number meant more was because i think it was handwritten... but i figured since nobody else had mentioned it, that it was just my speculation...