Album: Live in Las Vegas

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Album: Live in Las Vegas

Post by rsimms3 »

I just listened to Dead Leaves and didn't notice any skips with the correct counterweight on my tonearm. I played it back a few times increasing the weight, but nothing changed. It's definitely an odd version of the song, but I wouldn't chalk it up to skipping.

Here's my personal transfer of the song, is this what folks are hearing or something different? At :36 it sounds like he fumbles the finger picking a bit. SIDE NOTE - Does anyone know what the intro is from? I've tried to figure it out several times but can't match it up to anything. Reminds me of the old Our Gang movies or Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.

I hope TMR never puts this out, some things are better left alone. What's the point of collecting if at any time 24/7 you can go on a website and buy something? I'm happy to own this and did a few deals to line up a copy that was actually sold from the TMR Nashville store the day it opened.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Are all copies stamped the same? I saw a copy that had red text on the A side but another photo that had black text as the A side... anyone know about the stamping? Is there anything etched into the dead wax?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

There are also a few rare copies around that have no stamping ;)
IMG_2231a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

arewhyehen wrote:There are also a few rare copies around that have no stamping ;)
IMG_2231a.jpg
Is there anything in the dead wax? Or just clean?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I will check next time I have it out. I'm not home right now
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

A record store close to me just got a copy I stopped in today to see how much they wanted for it. They want $500 which is the same as a copy on discogs but from what I saw it has bright red lettering on the A side and the only pictures I could find have a kinda of dark gray redish color.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

This belongs in a Vault Package! Hopefully next package. This was released between Elephant and GBMS, right? Right after the Elephant singles should come this.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jettkoral wrote:This belongs in a Vault Package!
Good luck with that :lol:
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:This belongs in a Vault Package! Hopefully next package. This was released between Elephant and GBMS, right? Right after the Elephant singles should come this.
No.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:This belongs in a Vault Package! Hopefully next package. This was released between Elephant and GBMS, right? Right after the Elephant singles should come this.
No.
Thanks for all the additional info you provided with your answer justification.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
No.
Thanks for all the additional info you provided with your answer justification.
Anytime.

And.....still no.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

:roll:
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

my copy has the grey stamping on the A side and red on the B and so on. the only thing in the dead wax is V2 DJ - 27188 - 1 A and so on, there is nothing on the sixth side in the dead wax.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

dr.dano wrote:my copy has the grey stamping on the A side and red on the B and so on. the only thing in the dead wax is V2 DJ - 27188 - 1 A and so on, there is nothing on the sixth side in the dead wax.
Okay so your copy is like the ones that i've seen pictures of. I'll have to go back and see if they'll let me look at it and check the dead wax. Thanks!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Hell that sounds real good to me. Finally something we agree on ( insert handshake photo )
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody