Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Post Reply
User avatar
Edjohansson
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 am
Location: Vanderhoof, BC

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Edjohansson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm going to be at the mercy of EBay for this one; no record stores even remotely close to me. I can't wait to get it though, Elephant was the album that got me into the WS.
I keep getting into stranger's vans, but still no candy.
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=edjohansson

User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
Posts: 5523
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by trickster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Bikedo wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:It would be nice if they did the white/red splits for TMR and the black/red and white for every where else....
No it wouldn't.
+1
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426

cwja
Little Ghost
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by cwja » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 pm

trickster wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:It would be nice if they did the white/red splits for TMR and the black/red and white for every where else....
No it wouldn't.
+1
-1 I won't even be at TMR this year and I think that would be cool.

Edwards-13
Little Bird
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Edwards-13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm

shaneoftheroad wrote:Image

Image
That looks beautiful!

User avatar
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Getbacktogether » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 pm

I know this has probably been answered but is Colored editions going to be world wide? This was just posted on TMR."Additionally, Third Man will be hosting live performances by both Karen Elson and Mark Watrous and selling limited edition colored vinyl copies of the White Stripes Elephant to celebrate Record Store Day at its Nashville location." Are those going to be different ones? who knows?

curseofhalos

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by curseofhalos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Getbacktogether wrote:I know this has probably been answered but is Colored editions going to be world wide? This was just posted on TMR."Additionally, Third Man will be hosting live performances by both Karen Elson and Mark Watrous and selling limited edition colored vinyl copies of the White Stripes Elephant to celebrate Record Store Day at its Nashville location." Are those going to be different ones? who knows?
It's a worldwide release.

User avatar
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Getbacktogether » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

I wonder what there talking about limited addition colored ones at TMR only then. Hmmmmmm

curseofhalos

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by curseofhalos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Getbacktogether wrote:I wonder what there talking about limited addition colored ones at TMR only then. Hmmmmmm

There will not be a TMR exclusive color. They are the same thing. Anything released on RSD is essentially "limited edition" so they can call them that.

User avatar
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper
Posts: 9768
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:39 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by arewhyehen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

curseofhalos wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:I wonder what there talking about limited addition colored ones at TMR only then. Hmmmmmm

There will not be a TMR exclusive color. They are the same thing. Anything released on RSD is essentially "limited edition" so they can call them that.
Ya, but TMR will have white stripes posters only available at their store...

User avatar
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Getbacktogether » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Posters! thats sweet i guess i was confused by how they worded it. Glad i can get my hands on a colored one.

User avatar
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by The Milkman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Looks great, but I wish they would release more than this and the document reissues for RSD. Or something a bit more exclusive. Anyway, still real excited for this.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28

User avatar
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: OHIO

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Getbacktogether » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 pm

With the ambassador stickers, buttons, new white stripes shirts elephant reissue with poster and the record booth that sounds like a good record store day and thats just Third man stuff! Not including all the other great record store day releases. BUT!!!! I think with Jack White Being the record store day ambassador he still has one more trick up his sleeve. That's why i'm very sad i couldn't make it to Nashville for RSD. I bet everyone there is going to get a real treat.

User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by rsimms3 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Just catching up on the questions/answers to my "local" store regarding RSD. They were confirmed for 40 copies of Elephant. 40 copies!?!?!? There are two other stores in town participating in RSD so I'm sure there will be enough to go around.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom

chaptertwentyone
Little People
Posts: 3439
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by chaptertwentyone » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 pm

rsimms3 wrote:Just catching up on the questions/answers to my "local" store regarding RSD. They were confirmed for 40 copies of Elephant. 40 copies!?!?!? There are two other stores in town participating in RSD so I'm sure there will be enough to go around.
JEE-ZUS.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”

User avatar
dmdv1
Little Ghost
Posts: 1624
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by dmdv1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 pm

rsimms3 wrote:Just catching up on the questions/answers to my "local" store regarding RSD. They were confirmed for 40 copies of Elephant. 40 copies!?!?!? There are two other stores in town participating in RSD so I'm sure there will be enough to go around.
My local store has around 20 copies
Never trust a hippy

Post Reply