Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by woodisgood »

What the heck is wrong with me? This doesn't excite me at all. If it were GBMS it certainly would. It's lovely this is getting reissued, but, I dunno . . . I think I'll pass. I've got it 3hree ways already. Much more excited about the Cap'n Beefheart album coming out on RSD.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by Obliquitous »

Yeah where the heck's my Get Behind Me reissue, it's only lp not available unless you pawn your pancreas for a promo.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Obliquitous wrote:Yeah where the heck's my Get Behind Me reissue, it's only lp not available unless you pawn your pancreas for a promo.
My guess is that we'll see it in the next 2 years. Unless they wait for a 10 year anniversary, then we'll be waiting until 2015.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

curseofhalos wrote:
Obliquitous wrote:Yeah where the heck's my Get Behind Me reissue, it's only lp not available unless you pawn your pancreas for a promo.
My guess is that we'll see it in the next 2 years. Unless they wait for a 10 year anniversary, then we'll be waiting until 2015.
...Which would also be two years...
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

rival wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
...Which would also be two years...
:oops:

My mind was trapped in 2012 for a split second I guess. :lol:
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

jrfhoutx wrote:shoulda been a black and red split and a black and white split...

or two black, white, and red tris...
I emailed Swank about breaking the red/white split scheme for this reissue.
No reply.

I admit the black/red looks way better than I thought but they could make the white a red/white split.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

trickster wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:shoulda been a black and red split and a black and white split...

No reply.

I admit the black/red looks way better than I thought but they could make the white a red/white split.

It's all about the pants, I'm tellin' you.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

That red and black is gonna look sexy on my Pro-Ject Turntable!
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Obliquitous wrote:
trickster wrote:

No reply.

It's all about the pants, I'm tellin' you.
I think you're right. The black and red is badass I think!
Hyperbole used for effect!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

So I just got what some people say
white=Meg's dress, black/red=Jack's pants?
Sick!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

trickster wrote:

No reply.

Well, from my understanding, these splits are available all over the place and not just TMR...

On the other hand, the way they announced the TMR release list for RSD is that they will have a limited amount of the splits at the brick and mortar store. Why only a limited amount if they are available all over? It would be nice if they did the white/red splits for TMR and the black/red and white for every where else....
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

arewhyehen wrote:
trickster wrote:

No reply.

Well, from my understanding, these splits are available all over the place and not just TMR...

On the other hand, the way they announced the TMR release list for RSD is that they will have a limited amount of the splits at the brick and mortar store. Why only a limited amount if they are available all over? It would be nice if they did the white/red splits for TMR and the black/red and white for every where else....
Let's not forget that an edition of 7500 is still "limited." I think there will be plenty for all.
Hyperbole used for effect!
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

I was talking to a guy in my local record store and he said that the generic UK price at P.O.S will be £29.99. Not too bad I guess, even though you can get the normal version for £13 from the same store. I'm complaining, but I'll still pick it up, that black/red split looks amazing!
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

Really hoping to grab one of these. My original bought on day of release is slightly warped and has needed an excuse for an upgrade ever since...
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

arewhyehen wrote:It would be nice if they did the white/red splits for TMR and the black/red and white for every where else....
No it wouldn't.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.