Flipper

Re: Elephant Reissue! (RSD 2013)

Post by jrfhoutx »

TheHen0 wrote:
mangry wrote:
Freter wrote:Thanks. Itll be fun.
Just remember: Girls < Records
Fixed. :)
not fixed, it was correct the original way...
Moller72 wrote:
cmelo wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
mangry wrote:
Freter wrote:Thanks. Itll be fun.
Just remember: Records = Girls
Fixed. :)
fixed :)
Fixed again.
Just remember that records are much cheaper then girls.
it all depends on what you collect (both records and girls)...

Oh, and awesome RSD release, though I'd still rather see a GBMS vinyl release, oh well, maybe next year...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Yeah, I guess I'm just taking her to prom. I really don't think much of her besides being a good friend.

Besides, I need money for vinyl!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

So what will this release do to the price of the original pressings?
I've refrained from collecting WS LP's because I wanted to start with first pressings and move on to widely available re-releases.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

AlexFaderr wrote:So what will this release do to the price of the original pressings?
I've refrained from collecting WS LP's because I wanted to start with first pressings and move on to widely available re-releases.
Good question. I just bought the original pressing of the colored vinyl Elephant (still sealed). Anyone know how many of the original were pressed on colored vinyl?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

idk, probably the same thing that most reissues do for originals, the pressings like the red and white V2 will probably continue to hold their value if not increase in value, same with the Aussie Ellie, the UK XL will probably stay cheap because they already devalued it with the reissues (and being a plain black release it's never really been sought after by anyone other than completists looking for all the cover versions and people who just want an inexpensive copy to play), and as always the TMR ltd edition will go for insane amounts of money the week or two following RSD, then will drop off to a more reasonable price but still be more than most people want to spend for the colored vinyl, making the V2 even more sought after and probably eventually making them comparably priced... My guess is that the V2 and TMR will eventually come even and actually sell in the $125-175 range once everything settles down and TMR release the never-OOP black version, assuming that the split color will be limited in some form, otherwise, these will dive down to almost face value, and the V2's will be worth slightly more than they are now...
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

jrfhoutx wrote:My guess is that the V2 and TMR will eventually come even and actually sell in the $125-175 range once everything settles down and TMR release the never-OOP black version, assuming that the split color will be limited in some form, otherwise, these will dive down to almost face value, and the V2's will be worth slightly more than they are now...
It's "unknown" quantity pressing on URP's page, suggesting so many that although it is strictly speaking limited, there'll be more than enough to go round.
Patient B1003
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:My guess is that the V2 and TMR will eventually come even and actually sell in the $125-175 range once everything settles down and TMR release the never-OOP black version, assuming that the split color will be limited in some form, otherwise, these will dive down to almost face value, and the V2's will be worth slightly more than they are now...
It's "unknown" quantity pressing on URP's page, suggesting so many that although it is strictly speaking limited, there'll be more than enough to go round.
so then much like the last couple of TWS RSD 7"s that were limited, but I still see stacks of them at my local shop, not like the first TWS RSD 7"s that are actually a bit harder to come by...
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
SpaceCadetWilliam
Little Bird

Post by SpaceCadetWilliam »

does anyone who lives in Melbourne know any good stores that will probably have this on RSD? the few i've gone to have said they most likely will not have one...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

SpaceCadetWilliam wrote:does anyone who lives in Melbourne know any good stores that will probably have this on RSD? the few i've gone to have said they most likely will not have one...
http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues?co ... lia&venue=
SpaceCadetWilliam
Little Bird

arewhyehen wrote:
SpaceCadetWilliam wrote:does anyone who lives in Melbourne know any good stores that will probably have this on RSD? the few i've gone to have said they most likely will not have one...
thanks for that, helpful as always :)

i have been to a few of those stores and they say they always order all the record store day stuff but maybe ten things from everything they order arrive. and not like ten items and they get stock on them, but like ten items in total of all the things available.

i'll just have to stay vigilant and see what i can do.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

SpaceCadetWilliam wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
thanks for that, helpful as always :)

i have been to a few of those stores and they say they always order all the record store day stuff but maybe ten things from everything they order arrive. and not like ten items and they get stock on them, but like ten items in total of all the things available.

i'll just have to stay vigilant and see what i can do.
Ya, Being that I am not from Australia, I can't help too much other than that. Maybe just give a few of those places a call and see which one usually gets the most. I think Third man usually does a really good job of getting their 7" White Stripes reissues to most record stores (at least in Canada) so hopefully it will be the same for this split.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

TMR stuff had never showed up in time in my city.. I don't even bother, I'll just buy them on eBay later when they're at cost..
SpaceCadetWilliam
Little Bird

higherlimits wrote:TMR stuff had never showed up in time in my city.. I don't even bother, I'll just buy them on eBay later when they're at cost..
where are you from?

in vancouver, canada, they seemed to have good stock for record store days. the guys at the record stores here in melbourne were saying that canada and america get all the good stuff and leave little for everywhere else. he seemed a little bitter actually haha.

oh well, we shall see! surely i'll be able to snag one somehow. i'm not super concerned.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I'm in Edmonton Canada.
I think it's gotten a bit better recently but generally I just avoid the stores around then anyways, I'm not big into the RSD hype and can get what I want on ebay for cost within a couple of weeks.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:I'm in Edmonton Canada.
I think it's gotten a bit better recently but generally I just avoid the stores around then anyways, I'm not big into the RSD hype and can get what I want on ebay for cost within a couple of weeks.
London, Ontario is usually pretty good.