What is it worth?

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
anonymousbrunette
Little People

What is it worth?

Post by anonymousbrunette »

This thread is for seasoned and budding collectors of Jack White related merchandise. Thanks to Scheckywhite & Barrowc for their earlier work coming up with estimated values on White Stripes gear. Please remember that the market value of collectibles fluctuate, and are based on current sales (when available.) Thanks for contributing.
Last edited by anonymousbrunette on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Re: What is it worth?

Post by Scheckywhite »

I attempted a rather long winded version on the littleroom which probably needs some serious updating. I'll see what I can find and repost it.
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

Credit in part goes to Colin Barrow for his help with this list.
THIS IS THE FIRST POST UPDATED with recent auctions, private sales, current market and new items.

Ive Just updated this list, have a look and tell me if there's anything missing or wrong, this is just a starting point really.

Please keep in mind that items can go for more or less and that the prices reflect their current value. When the band tour or when its christmas the prices can go up significantly.

I hope you enjoy this its taken hours.

I have used ww.all.at/expecting to find out about the different pressings (but not for GBMS items). And have used ebay for the values.

A list of white stripes collectibles and their current values.

Vinyl albums:

- White Stripes S/T SFTRI £20
- De stijl SFTRI £20
- White Blood Cells SFTRI £25
- White Blood Cells SFTRI Red WBC tour edition 200 copies only £250
- Get behind me satan 300 only – £145
- Elephant promo 500 only – £60 – £80
- Live in Las Vagas – £180 – £200

7″ singles:

- Lets Shake Hands 1998 5 copies, test press on black vinyl, yellow label, picture sleeve plus insert £600

- Lets Shake Hands 2000 5 copies, test press on black vinyl, £800 sold for this price

- Lets Shake Hands clear red vinyl, picture sleeve with small photocopied insert, 1st press £150

- Lets Shake Hands black vinyl second press £50

- Lets Shake Hands black vinyl third issue with new sleeve £20 from italyrecordsdetroit.com

- Lafayette Blues Test press: 5 copies, first test press which revealed bad mastering. These have the inscription “LAFAYETTE WE HAVE RETURNED” on run out groove that didn’t make it to the final record. £1000 sold for this price

- Lafayette Blues 1st press white vinyl, fold out picture sleeve (white front with peppermints, pics of Jack and Meg on inside plus two small photocopied inserts). £120

- Lafayette Blues 2nd press black vinyl w/ redesigned fold out sleeve (red front with peppermints, pictures on inside related to cars and driving with words in French and English) £50

- Lafayette Blues red and white swirled vinyl, 100 copies, but 15 had hand paint pic sleeves (see below) £3000 sold for this price

- Lafayette Blues hand painted, numbered sleeves by either Dave Buick (owner of Italy Records) or Jack (Dave painted #1-7, Jack #8-14, they collaborated on #15. These were sold at a triple record release party (the other two were Hentchmen records) held at the Gold Dollar 23rd of October £5000+ (name your price)

- Big 3 killed my baby clear red vinyl £70

- the big 3 killed my baby black vinyl – £20

- hello operator picture disk SFTRI – £40

- hello operator black vinyl SFTRI – £15

- Hand springs split 7″, if you have the magazine aswell its worth a little more – £50

- Lord, Send Me An Angel with BLACK Pacific Rim tour single (<500 copies): clear red vinyl sleeve featuring a pic of Jack & Meg dressed in red, standing in snow. Tour dates on back. £200

- Lord, Send Me An Angel SFTRI red vinyl, regular sleeve £40

- Lord, Send Me An Angel SFTRI black vinyl £17

- Party of special things to do 1300 copies in half red/white vinyl, sup pop £180

- It Takes Two, Baby SFTRI promo, £100

- Hotel Yorba Xl £15
- Fell In Love With a Girl Xl £15
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground XL £12
- Merry Christmas From The White Stripes Black vinyl UK 1000 only, sleeve opend from the side – £20
- Merry Christmas From The White Stripes White vinyl, USA 3000 only sleeve opens on top, £20
- Red Death at 6:14 with Mojo Letter – £40
- Eelephant sampler £15
- Seven Nation Army £10
- I Just Don Know What To Do With Myself £5
- The Hardest Button To Button £5
- Theres No Home For You Here £5
- Jolene live under blackpool lights – £7
- Blue Orchid £2
- My Door Bell white – £5
- My Door Bell red – £12
- the denial twist and the denial twist live – £2
-Icky Thump -£3
-Rag & Bone £3 with NME Mag – £5
-Rag & Bone Mispressing on CLEAR RED wax 35 copies only – £100
-You Dont Know What Love Is – £3
-Conquest x 3 – £4
-Conquest Mislabelled sleeves with YDKWLI stickers £8
-Conquista sung in spanish – £5

-Surprise Package – Black – £200 -250 copies
-Surprise Package – Red – £300 – 250 copies
-Surprise Package – Grey – £300 – 100 copies

10" Vinyl Singles:
-There's No Home / Ball & Biscuit – Cancelled test pressing of 10 on clear wax – £700 sold for this price

12" Vinyl Singles:

- My Doorbell £5
- Blue Orchid – Gondry/Jarmusch Remix £15
- Icky Thump 12" Etched B Side 80 Copies – £150

CDs:

- The White Stripes SFTRI £8
- De stjil STFTI £8
- White Blood Cells "3" promo £25
- White Blood Cells SFTRI £10
- White Blood Cells CD + DVD £15
- Hotel Yorba Live at Hotel Yorba £5
- Hotel Yorba French issue promo CD in card sleeve £20 – Very Rare less than 50
- Fell In Love With A Girl 2 CD £5
- Elephant Asian CD + VCD £18
- Elephant Japanese CD + DVD £22
- Get Behind Me Satan Japanese CD + DVD £20
- I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself £5
- Fell In Love With A Girl Prinited CDR promo £10
- I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself promo £10
- Blue Orchid Japanese promo 1 track CD £12
- Denial Twist CDRs RJ designed different cover for everynight on UK tour. £10-50 Glasgow ones very rare.
- Icky Thump promo CDs £5 each

Cassettes:

- The White Stripes s/t £20
- De Stijl £20
- White Blood Cells £12
- Eelephant £10
- Get Behind Me Satan £15

Other:

- Inchophone £400
- Top Special 3" single £200
- Other Five 3" singles £40
- The Denial Twist 3" single £600
- RJ GBMS 45 Record Storage Box £200
- Todd Slater Record Box £40
- Jack & Meg Cameras – $180 cost price
- Rob Jones Posters generally go for £75 each, but some are worth more/less
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

"It Had To Be You..." Thanks Sean and Colin! This is a huge help - your efforts will not go unappreciated.

I wish there were something akin to Expresso Beans where the community can contribute to maintaining the list of current sales. Not sure what it would entail.

For the record, the inchophone has gone up considerably over the last 6 months and the accompanying 3" records sell for $175 US at Third Man, which is considered a good price.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

www.popsike.com/ is a good starting point for prices
anonymousbrunette
Little People

barrowc wrote:www.popsike.com/ is a good starting point for prices
This is the site I was looking for. Thanks again Colin.

My ISO/FS/FT List
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Scheckywhite wrote:Credit in part goes to Colin Barrow for his help with this list.

- Lafayette Blues hand painted, numbered sleeves by either Dave Buick (owner of Italy Records) or Jack (Dave painted #1-7, Jack #8-14, they collaborated on #15. These were sold at a triple record release party (the other two were Hentchmen records) held at the Gold Dollar 23rd of October £5000+ (name your price)
I was recently told a hand painted version of LB would be approx. $15,000 USD from a person with 'connections'. :shock: Wow! Is this really worth that much? Is #8-15 worth much more than #1-7? I have a Love Buzz test pressing (1 of 10) and know of others that I could buy for $5,000 to $7,500. Seems to me Nirvana's first single, Sub Pop's first Singles Club release would be worth much more. Even the Sex Pistols A&M unreleased GSTQ 45 recently sold for about $13,500 (unplayed mint). I guess my real question is, does this reflect the fanaticism of WS fans (maybe similar to Misfits fans) or is that price estimate BS?

The £5,000 price seems more reasonable. Believe me, I understand it is 'worth' whatever someone is willing to pay, I just question how many people would be willing to pay $15,000? Anyway, just thought I'd get a conversation started. Cheers!
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

The £5,000 price seems more reasonable. Believe me, I understand it is 'worth' whatever someone is willing to pay, I just question how many people would be willing to pay $15,000? Anyway, just thought I'd get a conversation started. Cheers!

I have been made the same sort of offer, I would think there are not 15 people in the world that would pay $15K for this single, if one came up for auction it might reach that if a couple of people got into a bidding war, but I have my doubts as this one has been around for a while with no takers.

On the other hand if I had one would I sell it for $15K - NO
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

so are those prices the current avg prices or are they still the same from when posted in the LR ages ago?
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

still kind of the same ive edited the post with a few small corrections
cdb
Little Cream Soda

Post by cdb »

Scheckywhite wrote:Credit in part goes to Colin Barrow for his help with this list.
THIS IS THE FIRST POST UPDATED with recent auctions, private sales, current market and new items.

Ive Just updated this list, have a look and tell me if there's anything missing or wrong, this is just a starting point really.

Please keep in mind that items can go for more or less and that the prices reflect their current value. When the band tour or when its christmas the prices can go up significantly.

I hope you enjoy this its taken hours.

I have used ww.all.at/expecting to find out about the different pressings (but not for GBMS items). And have used ebay for the values.

A list of white stripes collectibles and their current values.

Vinyl albums:

- White Stripes S/T SFTRI £20
- De stijl SFTRI £20
- White Blood Cells SFTRI £25
- White Blood Cells SFTRI Red WBC tour edition 200 copies only £250
- Get behind me satan 300 only – £145
- Elephant promo 500 only – £60 – £80
- Live in Las Vagas – £180 – £200

7″ singles:

- Lets Shake Hands 1998 5 copies, test press on black vinyl, yellow label, picture sleeve plus insert £600

- Lets Shake Hands 2000 5 copies, test press on black vinyl, £800 sold for this price

- Lets Shake Hands clear red vinyl, picture sleeve with small photocopied insert, 1st press £150

- Lets Shake Hands black vinyl second press £50

- Lets Shake Hands black vinyl third issue with new sleeve £20 from italyrecordsdetroit.com

- Lafayette Blues Test press: 5 copies, first test press which revealed bad mastering. These have the inscription “LAFAYETTE WE HAVE RETURNED” on run out groove that didn’t make it to the final record. £1000 sold for this price

- Lafayette Blues 1st press white vinyl, fold out picture sleeve (white front with peppermints, pics of Jack and Meg on inside plus two small photocopied inserts). £120

- Lafayette Blues 2nd press black vinyl w/ redesigned fold out sleeve (red front with peppermints, pictures on inside related to cars and driving with words in French and English) £50

- Lafayette Blues red and white swirled vinyl, 100 copies, but 15 had hand paint pic sleeves (see below) £3000 sold for this price

- Big 3 killed my baby clear red vinyl £70

- the big 3 killed my baby black vinyl – £20

- hello operator picture disk SFTRI – £40

- hello operator black vinyl SFTRI – £15

- Hand springs split 7″, if you have the magazine aswell its worth a little more – £50

- Lord, Send Me An Angel with BLACK Pacific Rim tour single (<500 copies): clear red vinyl sleeve featuring a pic of Jack & Meg dressed in red, standing in snow. Tour dates on back. £200

- Lord, Send Me An Angel SFTRI red vinyl, regular sleeve £40

- Lord, Send Me An Angel SFTRI black vinyl £17

- Party of special things to do 1300 copies in half red/white vinyl, sup pop £180

- It Takes Two, Baby SFTRI promo, £100

- Hotel Yorba Xl £15
- Fell In Love With a Girl Xl £15
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground XL £12
- Merry Christmas From The White Stripes Black vinyl UK 1000 only, sleeve opend from the side – £20
- Merry Christmas From The White Stripes White vinyl, USA 3000 only sleeve opens on top, £20
- Red Death at 6:14 with Mojo Letter – £40
- Eelephant sampler £15
- Seven Nation Army £10
- I Just Don Know What To Do With Myself £5
- The Hardest Button To Button £5
- Theres No Home For You Here £5
- Jolene live under blackpool lights – £7
- Blue Orchid £2
- My Door Bell white – £5
- My Door Bell red – £12
- the denial twist and the denial twist live – £2
-Icky Thump -£3
-Rag & Bone £3 with NME Mag – £5
-Rag & Bone Mispressing on CLEAR RED wax 38 copies only – £100
-You Dont Know What Love Is – £3
-Conquest x 3 – £4
-Conquest Mislabelled sleeves with YDKWLI stickers £8
-Conquista sung in spanish – £5

-Surprise Package – Black – £200 -250 copies
-Surprise Package – Red – £300 – 250 copies
-Surprise Package – Grey – £300 – 100 copies

10" Vinyl Singles:
-There's No Home / Ball & Biscuit – Cancelled test pressing of 10 on clear wax – £700 sold for this price

12" Vinyl Singles:

- My Doorbell £5
- Blue Orchid – Gondry/Jarmusch Remix £15
- Icky Thump 12" Etched B Side 80 Copies – £150

CDs:

- The White Stripes SFTRI £8
- De stjil STFTI £8
- White Blood Cells "3" promo £25
- White Blood Cells SFTRI £10
- White Blood Cells CD + DVD £15
- Hotel Yorba Live at Hotel Yorba £5
- Hotel Yorba French issue promo CD in card sleeve £20 – Very Rare less than 50
- Fell In Love With A Girl 2 CD £5
- Elephant Asian CD + VCD £18
- Elephant Japanese CD + DVD £22
- Get Behind Me Satan Japanese CD + DVD £20
- I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself £5
- Fell In Love With A Girl Prinited CDR promo £10
- I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself promo £10
- Blue Orchid Japanese promo 1 track CD £12
- Denial Twist CDRs RJ designed different cover for everynight on UK tour. £10-50 Glasgow ones very rare.
- Icky Thump promo CDs £5 each

Cassettes:

- The White Stripes s/t £20
- De Stijl £20
- White Blood Cells £12
- Eelephant £10
- Get Behind Me Satan £15

Other:

- Inchophone £400
- Top Special 3" single £200
- Other Five 3" singles £40
- The Denial Twist 3" single £600
- RJ GBMS 45 Record Storage Box £200
- Todd Slater Record Box £40
- Jack & Meg Cameras – $180 cost price
- Rob Jones Posters generally go for £75 each, but some are worth more/less
stoutr wrote:

I was recently told a hand painted version of LB would be approx. $15,000 USD from a person with 'connections'. :shock: Wow! Is this really worth that much? Is #8-15 worth much more than #1-7? I have a Love Buzz test pressing (1 of 10) and know of others that I could buy for $5,000 to $7,500. Seems to me Nirvana's first single, Sub Pop's first Singles Club release would be worth much more. Even the Sex Pistols A&M unreleased GSTQ 45 recently sold for about $13,500 (unplayed mint). I guess my real question is, does this reflect the fanaticism of WS fans (maybe similar to Misfits fans) or is that price estimate BS?