Post Pictures of your collection here!!

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Post Pictures of your collection here!!

Post by Stl_ben »

maxman142001 wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Was inspired so I made my first "edited" video of my Pujol Collection. It will take a little more time whenever I decide to work on my TMR video.
Nice collection...was it intentional to get the video to run 3minutes 33seconds?
Nope...just how long the song was.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

This thread...makes me want to cry.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

rsimms3 wrote:Image
Very nice!!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I love shots like that, man. haha Cool.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
I love shots like that, man. haha Cool.
Where did those rings come from anyway?
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

thanks for sharing...were there a lot mis-press issues for ICLAB? seems I have seen more of these than most...
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

maxman142001 wrote:
thanks for sharing...were there a lot mis-press issues for ICLAB? seems I have seen more of these than most...
I'm 99% sure ICLAB was the first tri color record URP had ever done so there was a lot of trial and error with getting the process down to a science so they could be consistent in the process. Everything is done by hand - getting the three colors from the extruders, cutting each with a band saw, arranging them into the tri-color puck, applying the labels (the hardest part to get down right because there wasn't a guide rod to tell the pressing employee where to lay the labels to be centered during the pressing process), applying the press, and lastly popping off the ring of flash. The flash is removed using a hydrolic press on the outside of the record as opposed to being cut off with a knife like with the automatic presses. So yeah, lots of mis-presses in the beginning.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I'm no longer waiting for any packages so I finally got caught up with photographing all of my stuff. I don't have any $5000 records but I'm happy with what I've managed to acquire over the years, especially since almost all of it was bought at original cost price, a few pre-2001 exceptions excluded. 614 items, not including duplicates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamie_iii/ ... 441656415/
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

^^Oh my god, I'm only two pages in. Wow.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:I'm no longer waiting for any packages so I finally got caught up with photographing all of my stuff. I don't have any $5000 records but I'm happy with what I've managed to acquire over the years, especially since almost all of it was bought at original cost price, a few pre-2001 exceptions excluded. 614 items, not including duplicates.

damn you jamie. you didnt need to win all that refresh-a-thon stuff...haha
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:I'm no longer waiting for any packages so I finally got caught up with photographing all of my stuff. I don't have any $5000 records but I'm happy with what I've managed to acquire over the years, especially since almost all of it was bought at original cost price, a few pre-2001 exceptions excluded. 614 items, not including duplicates.

damn you jamie. you didnt need to win all that refresh-a-thon stuff...haha
I only limit myself to buying at cost now so that was my one chance to get some of the older TMR variants. Let me have this one.
Last edited by Jamie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Wow, I'm sure tmr would be proud!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post Pictures of your collection here!!

Post by Alabama Woody »

Hey Jamie, do you have all the TMR 7"ers? I would like to get my hands on that Amy Walker you have where it looks like she's blowing a kiss.........if you don't have them all I would trade 2 for one, I have all 7" singles from TMR.
I have a Karen Elson honey colored 7" left over from RSD?
Holler if interested!
Thanks for sharing your collection, that's a lot of vinyl!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Alabama Woody wrote:Hey Jamie, do you have all the TMR 7"ers? I would like to get my hands on that Amy Walker you have where it looks like she's blowing a kiss.........if you don't have them all I would trade 2 for one, I have all 7" singles from TMR.
I have a Karen Elson honey colored 7" left over from RSD?
Holler if interested!
Thanks for sharing your collection, that's a lot of vinyl!
Ha, I literally got that one this morning. I have all the standard TMR releases, and I kind of want to keep that one because the blue coat ones are my favourites.

How about if you're still missing that one by the time you get down to the last few, I'll probably let you have it then. Consider it as on hold for if you can't find another copy.