Love Interruption Question

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
wdye326
Little Bird

Love Interruption Question

Post by wdye326 »

Did anyone else notice that Jack didn't delete his email address from the little card included with the 7"? Anyone tried it yet?
It might get loud
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Love Interruption Question

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, people tried it. It was apparently a valid e-mail address, no one who tried it received a reply, and then it was disabled the same day.

Cracks me the hell up that he would have forgotten to blur it out.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

Notcied that too, I was thinking I should send him a thank you for sending me a tri in my pre-order. What is his e-mail? (I don't have it in front of me).
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You're being facetious, right?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

Toledo wrote:Notcied that too, I was thinking I should send him a thank you for sending me a tri in my pre-order. What is his e-mail? (I don't have it in front of me).
what? the one you just sold on ebay for $400. prick.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

colditz wrote:
Toledo wrote:Notcied that too, I was thinking I should send him a thank you for sending me a tri in my pre-order. What is his e-mail? (I don't have it in front of me).
what? the one you just sold on ebay for $400. prick.
Yeah guess he means he wants to thank him for making him $400. Asshat.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

It's one thing to sell it for $400 and slink quietly away into the night. It's another altogether to shout it from the rooftops within earshot of a true collector community. Most of us would have traded it toward other releases or sold it to pay for other releases. Word to the wise, if you wanna get along around here don't brag about pure profit. Don't be that guy.
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

All I know is if I get one, I'm gonna try to trade it for a cosmos or Colbert
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What cracks me up is that this person thinks Jack would expose his e-mail address to the public and leave it that way. 'cause, you know, Jack's just waiting for us all to send him e-mails.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kali Durga wrote:What cracks me up is that this person thinks Jack would expose his e-mail address to the public and leave it that way. 'cause, you know, Jack's just waiting for us all to send him e-mails.
not all, just me
Never trust a hippy
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I was gonna trade mine straight-up for a Sub Pop POSTTD. It would have been an amazing deal for somebody.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dmdv1 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:What cracks me up is that this person thinks Jack would expose his e-mail address to the public and leave it that way. 'cause, you know, Jack's just waiting for us all to send him e-mails.
not all, just me
I thought Blackwell was your e-mail buddy.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Kali Durga wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
not all, just me
I thought Blackwell was your e-mail buddy.
no, thats me!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ You're Dave's e-mail buddy? Dave, how many e-mail buddies do you have??
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I was gonna trade mine straight-up for a Sub Pop POSTTD. It would have been an amazing deal for somebody.
Still interested?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim