Test pressings and hello

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Test pressings and hello

Post by flattop2001 »

Grimtale wrote:The top one, priceless..
The bottom, lots out there... $300 item or so. There is belief that someone at Rainbo pressed up 100 or more of them and took home to surface later.

I've considered collecting test pressings but just haven't gone there... maybe one day.
Grim
LGJ owner of Sympathy pressed the whites at Rainbo whenever he needed extra cash. $300 versus $1000+ for originals. Still nice finds though.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Jimmy,
Now I know why you are my true hero. I've felt it for some time but couldn't articulate it...
You just said in two pictures what I couldn't have said in a thousand words !!!
Grim
I am everything you hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

According to Popsike the last Big 3 white label auction ended at $100 about 7 months ago. The only colored label SFTRI ended at $338 nearly 4 years ago.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

rsimms3 wrote:According to Popsike the last Big 3 white label auction ended at $100 about 7 months ago. The only colored label SFTRI ended at $338 nearly 4 years ago.
Check collectorsfrenzy.com they have some more listings, them and popsike are the best source
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dagingerrocker wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:According to Popsike the last Big 3 white label auction ended at $100 about 7 months ago. The only colored label SFTRI ended at $338 nearly 4 years ago.
Check collectorsfrenzy.com they have some more listings, them and popsike are the best source
Is that the jacked up one that has no search function?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

rsimms3 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Is that the jacked up one that has no search function?
They've improved it they have a few test pressings listed
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
jeremyslawsky wrote:to shaneoftheroad, hey man, I'm in Louisville, Ky. I just noticed your location!
Right on, man! I was born there! haha Lots of family still left in that city. Good to see another Kentuckian on here.
Lexington here.....GO CATS!!!
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

kalv04 wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
jeremyslawsky wrote:to shaneoftheroad, hey man, I'm in Louisville, Ky. I just noticed your location!
Right on, man! I was born there! haha Lots of family still left in that city. Good to see another Kentuckian on here.
Bowling Green here. Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see pics of this TP, lets hope it is a SFTRI.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
jeremyslawsky
Little Bird

Post by jeremyslawsky »

Ah, thanks for all the info guys. So the two I have are the white labels. Paid about $75 each so that doesn't seem to bad. Still pretty cool
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I don't know where you guys are getting your figures from.. 300-400 seems to be fair for the blue labeled ones and $100 or less for the white ones..
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

higherlimits wrote:I don't know where you guys are getting your figures from.. 300-400 seems to be fair for the blue labeled ones and $100 or less for the white ones..
Supply and demand, I have been after the blue ones for several years and cant even find one to make an offer on, but yes the white was likely overvalued.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
kalv04 wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Bowling Green here. Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see pics of this TP, lets hope it is a SFTRI.
Hooray for Fort Harrod?
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

Kentuckian roll call? Murray, KY here. :)
Welcome to the board!
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

That SFTRI test press looks awesome!
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:The top one, priceless..
The bottom, lots out there... $300 item or so. There is belief that someone at Rainbo pressed up 100 or more of them and took home to surface later.

I've considered collecting test pressings but just haven't gone there... maybe one day.
Grim
Ditto...just not all that interested.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo