The White Stripes Best of Possibility

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
wildroses3
Little Acorn

Re: The White Stripes Best of Possibility

Post by wildroses3 »

I don't see how it's any different. If he were to release a White Stripes singles compilation it's exactly the same except it would be more widely available. The Third Man singles comp. is a good point.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

So the band that he is founder/composer/singer etc., is he same as the (mostly unknown) artists releasing 7" in his record label?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Good track listing there. I reckon the problem with these kinda things though, if you're going by the usual "Best of" CDs and not something purely put together by the artist, is that only the big singles will be on there. So that means no Let's Shake Hands, Lafayette, Cash Grab etc- Just Seven Nation, Blue Orchid... Not that it's a bad thing, they're all great songs, it's just Best of compilations are usually more for the "lazy" consumer or casual listener who wants all those songs they heard on the radio, not all the rare cuts, early releases and more than a couple of obscurities from albums.

Good thought though, it would help more people get into their music, which is always a good thing.