Happy Birthday Get Behind Me Satan

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Happy Birthday Get Behind Me Satan

Post by littleacorn »

I remember instead of going to get my license that day I went and picked up a copy of this and listened to it all day :D
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Happy Birthday Get Behind Me Satan

Post by higherlimits »

I picked up a copy of this the day it came out at the local HMV in Gold Coast Australia... later I picked up the 7" Blue Orchid single in Melbourne I think..
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

This is my favorite WS album and definitely in my top 5 of all time of best albums.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
BluNtMarLey
Little Cream Soda

Post by BluNtMarLey »

I was going to get one of these at this years SXSW from the RRS. they only had two copies and some girl about five people in front of me got one and showed it to me. I asked her if it was get behind me and how many they had left. The guy that was in front of me overheard her saying how rare it was and ended up snatching it. I was so Pissed because I knew he was just going to flip it. The next day he showed up with 4 other people and bought five Tri-colors.
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

BluNtMarLey wrote:I was going to get one of these at this years SXSW from the RRS. they only had two copies and some girl about five people in front of me got one and showed it to me. I asked her if it was get behind me and how many they had left. The guy that was in front of me overheard her saying how rare it was and ended up snatching it. I was so Pissed because I knew he was just going to flip it. The next day he showed up with 4 other people and bought five Tri-colors.
That's really crappy man- I hate when people do that. I went to see the Foos play in my home town the other week- I was bummed I didn't get one of the special "Milton Keynes" T-Shirts... £30 for the Tee and a Patch, a few days later.. on eBay for £150 +. It may just be me, but i'd rather have had the T-shirt and worn it as a memory of an incredible gig in the place I live rather than getting that money... Same with other merch and records. What a shame :(
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Re-release this one dammit! haha I think they're gonna wait and wait until we can't take it anymore then they'll do a huge release. But damn. I'd really, really like to spin this record without having to pay $500 or more. Dammit.