White Stripes eponymous V2 LP

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

White Stripes eponymous V2 LP

Post by killeralien »

Hi,

I was offered a trade for their 1st LP on V2. How do I know what press and the value? THe trader is not informed enough to tell me if it is a 1st press.

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat topic.
It's not the having, it's the getting
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Re: White Stripes eponymous V2 LP

Post by killeralien »

oh come on all y'all expert swirlers. Do tell. Sure I can look it up on the web but this is so much more fun. :D
It's not the having, it's the getting
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Well the first press was sftri the v2 was about 2002 the second pressing worth about 30 to 40 I would guess.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

http://www.discogs.com/White-Stripes-Th ... ase/367168
This appears to be listed only as cd, but I have a sealed lp with the same identifiers. :?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

http://www.discogs.com/White-Stripes-Th ... se/2410568

I wouldn't go over $35 shipped (and really wouldn't even go that high, the V2 and XL presses are easy to find and prices usually run under $25-30)... especially since you could get a still sealed copy off discogs for that much, and an opened and used copy for less than that...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jrfhoutx wrote:http://www.discogs.com/White-Stripes-Th ... se/2410568

I wouldn't go over $35 shipped (and really wouldn't even go that high, the V2 and XL presses are easy to find and prices usually run under $25-30)... especially since you could get a still sealed copy off discogs for that much, and an opened and used copy for less than that...
I just thought it odd that discogs (and everywhere else, for that matter) only have the cd listed. My copy has the "LC 05667," XL, and TMR logo(s) on it. Just a bit puzzled.
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

mojoryan wrote:

I just thought it odd that discogs (and everywhere else, for that matter) only have the cd listed. My copy has the "LC 05667," XL, and TMR logo(s) on it. Just a bit puzzled.
What do you mean? Discogs has twelve versions listed for that album and 5 of them are LPs (SFTRI, XL, V2, and both TMRs split and regular),

Nevermind, I see what you're saying (sorry, I'm about to pass out in my chair at work I'm so tired) I'll take a look at my XL copy when I get home... Where on your copy is the "LC 05667" located?
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jrfhoutx wrote:
mojoryan wrote:

What do you mean? Discogs has twelve versions listed for that album and 5 of them are LPs (SFTRI, XL, V2, and both TMRs split and regular),

Nevermind, I see what you're saying (sorry, I'm about to pass out in my chair at work I'm so tired) I'll take a look at my XL copy when I get home... Where on your copy is the "LC 05667" located?
On the bottom left hand corner is the following: bar code, LC05667, XL logo, THIRD MAN logo.
I'm beginning to think it's simply the XL version, and whoever created the listing for it on discogs simply left off the LC05667, as it states "XL Recordings Ltd. XLLP 149
See what happens when we aren't thorough in creating a listing; cornfusion ensues. :roll:
...words to live by.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

You have to tread Discogs extremely carefully. EXTREMELY carefully, double check everything.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

shaneoftheroad wrote:You have to tread Discogs extremely carefully. EXTREMELY carefully, double check everything.
I thought (think?) I have. I still don't see anything about the "LC" number. No big.
...words to live by.