Album: The White Stripes

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Album: The White Stripes

Post by rsimms3 »

Actually someone pointed out in another thread that Dungeon doesn't come out until January, around the same time as Wanda's album.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Reissue info up on all three.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Just saw that myself. Fucking Nashville will profit again with these split color releases.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

makers888 wrote:Just saw that myself. Fucking Nashville will profit again with these split color releases.
we're sorry.
he is everything i hate...
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

makers888 wrote:Just saw that myself. Fucking Nashville will profit again with these split color releases.
Ya but at least we will probably see a good amount on ebay, for some of us that's our only way of getting them. Honestly the more the better, that could help keep prices resonable
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

This thread just pissed me off. No offence guys It has been most helpful, It appears I didn't research enough before jumping on this one.

I have a SFTRI release the record has a black label and no insert. I'm now in the market for the FIRST first release on SFTRI, I'll be happy one day lol
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Picked up my copy from a record store in Guildford a few weeks back- It's the XL version. Got it for 13 quid or so.
Is the TMR re-release remastered at all? And if so, how noticeably different is the remastering? Just curious to hear some opinions.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Arran_Ramone wrote:Picked up my copy from a record store in Guildford a few weeks back- It's the XL version. Got it for 13 quid or so.
Is the TMR re-release remastered at all? And if so, how noticeably different is the remastering? Just curious to hear some opinions.
The TMR re-release is indeed remastered from the original tape. The sonic quality is noticeably different if you're used to hearing the original mixes (you hear little creaks and cracks you couldn't hear before from time to time). The artwork on the TMR re-releases is brighter as well, more crisp.
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Arran_Ramone wrote:Picked up my copy from a record store in Guildford a few weeks back- It's the XL version. Got it for 13 quid or so.
The TMR re-release is indeed remastered from the original tape. The sonic quality is noticeably different if you're used to hearing the original mixes (you hear little creaks and cracks you couldn't hear before from time to time). The artwork on the TMR re-releases is brighter as well, more crisp.
Cheers for the info! Sounds like I shoulda held out for the TMR version, but then again i've had the XL cd for years- So you'll never miss what you've never had :lol:
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Damn I love and hate this at the same time! I have 4 copies of this record already different versions ETC now I need another!

I hear the quality of the split colour is sub standard to the black 180G TMR version can anyone confirm? I don't have either as of this moment
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Anybody know what version you get on iTunes right now?
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

bh1644 wrote:Anybody know what version you get on iTunes right now?
I could be wrong but is likely none of the vinyl masters most likely the same master as the CD version of which I know nothing about.

Edit: Just Looking around and TMR don't sell the album on CD, so I say It would be pretty likely it is the same master as the V2/XL CD version
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mvickers03 wrote:
I could be wrong but is likely none of the vinyl masters most likely the same master as the CD version of which I know nothing about.

Edit: Just Looking around and TMR don't sell the album on CD, so I say It would be pretty likely it is the same master as the V2/XL CD version
The vinyl came with remastered MP3s so I'd check the release date at iTunes. TMR may have provided iTunes with the updated version used for the vinyl reissue.
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

rsimms3 wrote:
mvickers03 wrote:

The vinyl came with remastered MP3s so I'd check the release date at iTunes. TMR may have provided iTunes with the updated version used for the vinyl reissue.
Good comment! I am intrigued.. When I have the album in a few weeks, and if I can find a point in the LP I can distinctively here a difference, I'll check on iTunes using the 30 second preview.

Edit: Scratch that looks like it is the XL version as I suspected "Released: 15 June 1999 ℗ 2001 XL" from iTunes

Source http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/white- ... id20913271
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Yeah, I kinda thought the mp3's from the download card sounded exactly the same as the old CD mixes.