Single - TRICOLOR Party of Special Things

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

Does anyone want to talk about just how flat out amazing this single sounds? This ones going to get worn out over the years from excessive play.

The sound quality on this is great, the heavy low end builds a natural reverb and resonance in my system and just sounds sick! Jacks singing on Party of Special Things is mixed perfectly, he is like this floating head spinning around my mind, perfect!

The releases just keep sounding better and better, kudos to Jack for mastering his production and mixing craft (as well as those who help him).
Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Single - TRICOLOR Party of Special Things

Post by Moller72 »

melikecheese wrote:Does anyone want to talk about just how flat out amazing this single sounds? This ones going to get worn out over the years from excessive play.

The sound quality on this is great, the heavy low end builds a natural reverb and resonance in my system and just sounds sick! Jacks singing on Party of Special Things is mixed perfectly, he is like this floating head spinning around my mind, perfect!

The releases just keep sounding better and better, kudos to Jack for mastering his production and mixing craft (as well as those who help him).
I would not know yet mine still has not come in.
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

You are right, the sound quality is amazing. My favourite Vault 45 yet :D
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Saturday night I A-B'd the original and tri about three times each, and the tri wins. There's just a touch more warmth, a bit more clarity. But I will also say the differences in the mastering are very minimal; and, the vinyl on the tri seems a bit more "quiet" (i.e., higher quality) than the Sub Pop 7".
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

Blew me away instantly. Let's see what Vault package 8 has in store for us. We should know soon.
a meg me da medo
Little Cream Soda

Post by a meg me da medo »

i got mine throw swirl few days ago
it actually sounds great but i don't contest it with the sub pop yet

anybody knows something about the sleeve pics?

happy new!

ammdm :mrgreen:
myISO: i wish i have... click here
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Saw them on Shorpy once. I think Rob frequents that site for interesting images.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

So if anyone saw the thread I started called "help identifying unofficial White Stripes LP" this is what the result was (ill post in there next).

So the "red and white tiedye record was the POSTTD split from sub pop. The guy selling it wants $160 for it. Don't they usually go for over $200?

Please, any info or advice would e greatly appreciated.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Any chance this would get a "forever in print" black vinyl release for the poor folk?
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

I wish it would but it looks unlikely, considering it's been 4 years since this tri came out and the other De Stijl era singles were all reissued a few years back.
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)