Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
hawke000

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by hawke000 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm sure having a holy grail $15,000 record also brings it's privileges and establishes your seriousness as a collector. Plus Mark's a good guy and who wouldn't be friends with him. And since both a serious vinyl collectors, I'm sure there's plenty of rarities to discuss.
Grimtale is an asshole EVERYONE KNOWS IT!
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

hawke000 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I'm sure having a holy grail $15,000 record also brings it's privileges and establishes your seriousness as a collector. Plus Mark's a good guy and who wouldn't be friends with him. And since both a serious vinyl collectors, I'm sure there's plenty of rarities to discuss.
Grimtale is an asshole EVERYONE KNOWS IT!
Oh my here we go
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kaber wrote:
hawke000 wrote: Grimtale is an asshole EVERYONE KNOWS IT!
Oh my here we go
Ah at least Hawke shoots straight and tells the truth. And thanks for the kind words there Hawke...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Ha, that's not what I meant in the least.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
figure8angel
Little Cream Soda

Post by figure8angel »

Thank you so much for sharing this! And congrats on obtaining it. :)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Damn, you suck. :D Nice piece for the collection.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
billdore
Little Bird

Post by billdore »

I'm surprised you could post the video and announce this. I remember Sean had to be really hush-hush about it when he announced (and then had to delete all his announcements/video).
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

billdore wrote:I'm surprised you could post the video and announce this. I remember Sean had to be really hush-hush about it when he announced (and then had to delete all his announcements/video).
That's because these records were obtained in a non-legal way. I believe that all the stuff that were uncovered last year (Translucent Rag & Bone, Non-gatefold Aussie Elephant, Ball and Biscuit 10") were all essentially stolen from XL recordings by one of their employees.

I guess don't quote me on that but that was my understanding at the time.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

higherlimits wrote:
billdore wrote:I'm surprised you could post the video and announce this. I remember Sean had to be really hush-hush about it when he announced (and then had to delete all his announcements/video).
That's because these records were obtained in a non-legal way. I believe that all the stuff that were uncovered last year (Translucent Rag & Bone, Non-gatefold Aussie Elephant, Ball and Biscuit 10") were all essentially stolen from XL recordings by one of their employees.

Grim's B&B was direct from Blackwell though, so it's kosher. Look at the LOA.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

dylnfan wrote:
higherlimits wrote:

Ben got his B&B from Sean as far as I know. I don't believe Ben had ever seen these before then.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
higherlimits wrote:

Ben got his B&B from Sean as far as I know. I don't believe Ben had ever seen these before then.
Incorrect...
Grim
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

higherlimits wrote:

Lots of speculation here.
How non legal? Test pressings are a legitimate item
available to some employees???? Are you saying
stolen? If that is the case Mark should return it right?
If not I guess it came from an XL employee allowed
copies and was perhaps obtained via trade?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Kaber wrote: Lots of speculation here.
I agree 100%.

I can't believe I just agreed with Kaber :-)
Must be a new year or something.
Grim
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted in a while. I've essentially gotten out of the collecting game a few months back. I don't own any of my higher priced items including the 10" single and other non-XL higher priced items, due to personal financial issues and trying to save to travel. Billdore kindly sent me an email asking me for my input, so I thought I'd contribute. I don't know the original seller but I am following up on this. I bought through a third party collector. For the record I did not supply Ben with his 10" and Ben was informed of my purchase and never mentioned anything about stolen items to me. I believe 20+ members of this community bought Aussie LPs and Rag & Bone 7"s including Ben himself. And I don't think Ben himself would get involved with stolen merchandise.
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

All of this speculation seems to be based on Ian's guess. If XL thought employees were stealing from them surely they'd have noticed and taken appropriate action? It's not like the photos of the rag and bone and single gate Aussie lps are rare on this site. And considering Blackwell and Swank et al are all privy to what happens on this site I think we'd have heard a little more about it by now. This seems to be conjecture based on a guess. Then followed by another guess about me supplying a 10" to Blackwell which is definitely untrue.
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.