Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Kaber
Little People

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by Kaber »

higherlimits wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:Someone who should know explained to me a while back that TP, promos etc form part of the R&D process and costs are claimed back for tax purposes, hence the "not for resale, remain property of the record company blah blah...." language is a legal requirement.

I dont think an individual selling the promo or TP and not giving funds to the original claimant of the tax benefit would be illeagal as such, and I would not go so far as to say these were stolen from XL without any proof. Any tax experts want to jump in, I may have been fed a line of crap....

I have been offered these on two occasions, but TP are just not my thing, if it had had a finished label on it I would have been on it in a flash.

Grim;
Does it have a matrix number on the run out?
It wouldn't be illegal to sell the items, what would be illegal would be an employee of XL stealing the records off the shelf at XL and then selling them for his own gain. He'd have stolen them from XL. The tax doesn't come into it.

Again, this is just what was widely speculated to have been what happened back when all these things were unearthed.
That's like asking a dealer if he paid taxes on the weed he sold last year...
Or all those flippers if they reported their income from the tri-colors they flipped...
LOL
Grim
You'll get hit FAR harder for not paying taxes than for selling weed.

I'm an accountant and I can confirm that Prostitutes do pay taxes..
But not the pimps on here, lol
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

ooh! i just can't wait to see how this all turns out!
he is everything i hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

elduderino wrote:ooh! i just can't wait to see how this all turns out!
Me too...
I've been biting my tongue about a few things around here lately and I'm about to stop giving a fuck and let loose...
afteralll..
I am everything you hate...
Grim
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Grimtale wrote:
elduderino wrote:ooh! i just can't wait to see how this all turns out!
Me too...
I've been biting my tongue about a few things around here lately and I'm about to stop giving a fuck and let loose...
afteralll..
Grim
I thought Schecky was everything you hate...

;)
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Im confused, why so much hate? They are just records after all. But thanks Grim for posting a darn cool one!

Worrying or being concerned about where they came from is/may be an interesting story, but is like rocking in a rocking chair-Gives you something to do but doesn't get you very far.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

BluefordT wrote:Im confused, why so much hate? They are just records after all. But thanks Grim for posting a darn cool one!

Worrying or being concerned about where they came from is/may be an interesting story, but is like rocking in a rocking chair-Gives you something to do but doesn't get you very far.
The truth is quite simple but no one bothered to ask, they just speculate instead...
Which leads me to believe people don't want the truth, they want their version of it...
So we'll leave it that way...
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Maybe I'm just dumb but I just reread all this thread and never detected any hate, maybe a little envy, I thought it was a discussion which is what this forum is about. Nothing personal.

If I offended anybody, go fuck yourself you spineless pussy.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

flattop2001 wrote:Maybe I'm just dumb but I just reread all this thread and never detected any hate, maybe a little envy, I thought it was a discussion which is what this forum is about. Nothing personal.

Classy, real classy.
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

flattop2001 wrote:Maybe I'm just dumb but I just reread all this thread and never detected any hate, maybe a little envy, I thought it was a discussion which is what this forum is about. Nothing personal.

Now im even more confused. :?
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

best thread ever. great study in how the dynamics of a group can break down.
he is everything i hate...
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

elduderino wrote:best thread ever. great study in how the dynamics of a group can break down.
When the group is filled with such diverse people, its expected. The elite, the jealous, the normal ones (me) and the pricks who make sure and fuel the fire. Its kinda funny, but also annoying. Hey, if I offend anyone, kiss my ass. If I didn't offend you, then eat shit. Wow, its so easy to type that kind of crap, but are any of us like this in real life with our real peer groups? I didn't think so.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

greginchains wrote:
elduderino wrote:best thread ever. great study in how the dynamics of a group can break down.
When the group is filled with such diverse people, its expected. The elite, the jealous, the normal ones (me) and the pricks who make sure and fuel the fire. Its kinda funny, but also annoying. Hey, if I offend anyone, kiss my ass. If I didn't offend you, then eat shit. Wow, its so easy to type that kind of crap, but are any of us like this in real life with our real peer groups? I didn't think so.
elduderino is still an asshole, IRL.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

For those that didnt notice the last line was a joke, I should have added a smiley face :D

OOPs now people might think the explaination is a joke because it has a smiley face :roll:

Seriously people are being accused of spreading hate, but I cant see other than a reasonable discussion.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

greginchains wrote:

Classy, real classy.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

PugFaceRex wrote:
greginchains wrote:
elduderino is still an asshole, IRL.
Yeah, but its OK, I only have to tolerate him 3-4 times a year. I can cope with that.