Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by kevron6 »

I have been really sick lately with two different medical issues but just wanted to stop in and sau that you are all a bunch of assholes.

7th_son wrote:
runofthemill wrote:I have an 11" version that was supposed to be sold at SXSW.
Post of the thread. :D

I think we can all play nice and discuss the origin and provenance of said records while keeping the jabs at a minimum. We're all mature individuals... right?

...... annnnnnnnnnnd cue kevron. :P
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

kevron6 wrote:I have been really sick lately with two different medical issues but just wanted to stop in and sau that you are all a bunch of assholes.
Get well, we need more creative insults :)
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

[quote="kevron6"]I have been really sick lately with two different medical issues but just wanted to stop in and sau that you are all a bunch of assholes.
Get well soon Kev, I miss your sence of humor, I get you :D :D
I am guessing, early onset Dementia ,caused from long term Syphilis infection......
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

IamFrank007 wrote:
kevron6 wrote:I have been really sick lately with two different medical issues but just wanted to stop in and u that you are all a bunch of assholes.
Get well soon Kev, I miss your sence of humor, I get you :D :D
I am guessing, early onset Dementia ,caused from long term Syphilis infection......
I am finally starting to feel better after a really rough scary start to the year. Hopefully a weekend of rest will get me back on my feet feeling normal again.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Bourbon is really good at killing any germs living inside of you.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

runofthemill wrote:Bourbon is really good at killing any germs living inside of you.
And also the pain and anguish living inside of you.
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

that sure is a pretty record Grim... and reading this thread I've come to realize most of you here are in a completely different category of collecting than I, but it's nice to know that this stuff exists~
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

ymagirl wrote:that sure is a pretty record Grim... and reading this thread I've come to realize most of you here are in a completely different category of collecting than I, but it's nice to know that this stuff exists~
This is an interesting place... Some hardcore off the deep end, sell their first born for the right record/poster collectors (most have serious OCD problems), a whole bunch of jack loving collectors who buy what they can afford (or what their credit cards will max out at) and have a blast doing it, and then the casual collectors who just enjoy the music and a few items...
It's all here for sure.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
cdb
Little Cream Soda

Post by cdb »

Grimtale wrote:
ymagirl wrote:that sure is a pretty record Grim... and reading this thread I've come to realize most of you here are in a completely different category of collecting than I, but it's nice to know that this stuff exists~
This is an interesting place... Some hardcore off the deep end, sell their first born for the right record/poster collectors (most have serious OCD problems), a whole bunch of jack loving collectors who buy what they can afford (or what their credit cards will max out at) and have a blast doing it, and then the casual collectors who just enjoy the music and a few items...
It's all here for sure.
Grim
haha grim, you forgot the [editted] and nutters,,,,,,,,,,,,,think that covers it.

cdb.
Last edited by 7th_son on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Keep it clean...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

cdb wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
It's all here for sure.
Grim
haha grim, you forgot the [editted] and nutters,,,,,,,,,,,,,think that covers it.

cdb.
I'd rather not associate myself with such comments. Many of my friends are not all that straight. I try not to judge others.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
cdb
Little Cream Soda

Post by cdb »

Grimtale wrote:
cdb wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
It's all here for sure.
Grim

cdb.
I'd rather not associate myself with such comments. Many of my friends are not all that straight. I try not to judge others.
Grim
cdb
Little Cream Soda

Post by cdb »

Grimtale wrote:
cdb wrote:
Grimtale wrote:
It's all here for sure.
Grim

cdb.
Grim
sorry grim, no ofence ment, not to you anyway.

cdb
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://xlrecordings.com/news/cachedxlt181

CACHED is a new feature where we delve into the XL archive. Inspired by news today of a White Stripes 7” selling for $12,700, here (for the vinyl nerds) is the story of XLT181, possibly the rarest record in our catalogue.
Matt Thornhill, Director of A&R: "XLT181 is an extremely rare clear vinyl 10" that's been the subject of much speculation amongst White Stripes vinyl collectors.
"When putting together the vinyl release of There's No Home For You Here, the B-side was initially intended to be a version of Ball & Biscuit, recorded as part of a live session at Electric Ladyland Studios. At 9 minutes long, Ball & Biscuit was too long for a 7", so a 10" was considered.
"Test pressings were hastily ordered, but the pressing plant only had clear vinyl on press. Time didn't allow for the presses to be switched back to black vinyl, so a batch of test pressings were manufactured on clear vinyl.
"By the time the test pressings arrived, it was decided that in fact a medley of I Fought Piranhas / Let's Build A Home (Live At Electric Lady Studios) should be the B-side, meaning that the release would fit onto a 7" single after all. As a result there are likely to be under 10 copies of XLT181 in existence worldwide. Here is Richard's copy."

And here is the original CD master.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

I was about to post it :mrgreen:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

So I never realised till now that this is not a Ball & Biscuit 10" but technically a There's No Home For You Here 10"

Btw there is a copy of it for sale at Swirl store that comes with a COA/letter from Mr. Blackwell (clicky for pictures)
http://www.whiteswirl.com/store/index.p ... cts_id=220
HappyDad wrote:I was about to post it :mrgreen:
:P
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426