Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by elduderino »

PugFaceRex wrote:
greginchains wrote:
elduderino wrote:best thread ever. great study in how the dynamics of a group can break down.
When the group is filled with such diverse people, its expected. The elite, the jealous, the normal ones (me) and the pricks who make sure and fuel the fire. Its kinda funny, but also annoying. Hey, if I offend anyone, kiss my ass. If I didn't offend you, then eat shit. Wow, its so easy to type that kind of crap, but are any of us like this in real life with our real peer groups? I didn't think so.
elduderino is still an asshole, IRL.
i heart you, roy.
he is everything i hate...
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

PugFaceRex wrote:
greginchains wrote:
elduderino wrote:best thread ever. great study in how the dynamics of a group can break down.
When the group is filled with such diverse people, its expected. The elite, the jealous, the normal ones (me) and the pricks who make sure and fuel the fire. Its kinda funny, but also annoying. Hey, if I offend anyone, kiss my ass. If I didn't offend you, then eat shit. Wow, its so easy to type that kind of crap, but are any of us like this in real life with our real peer groups? I didn't think so.
elduderino is still an asshole, IRL.
Using this logic Pug is a drunk...
Every time I've met him IRL he has been pretty inebriated...
Then again, I think I was too..

Grim
I am everything you hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Runaway thread....

Can a mod intervene without speculation?
Grim
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Grimtale wrote:Runaway thread....

Grim
OK back on track.... and no I'm not a mod.
Someone that is in the know please eloborate on the provenance of the 10" Ball & Biscuit.
I seriously want to know.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Bikedo wrote:
Grimtale wrote:Runaway thread....

Grim
OK back on track.... and no I'm not a mod.
Someone that is in the know please eloborate on the provenance of the 10" Ball & Biscuit.
I seriously want to know.
apparently, all you have to do is ask.
he is everything i hate...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

flattop2001 wrote:Maybe I'm just dumb but I just reread all this thread and never detected any hate, maybe a little envy, I thought it was a discussion which is what this forum is about. Nothing personal.
Yeah, Who knows. It seemed that some people wanted to know more about the record and Grim seemed to have no interest in telling so I thought I'd share the best information I had. I don't care where the record comes from, If I did I wouldn't have the stuff that came from the same source...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Just to defend my statement above about Grim seemingly not being willing to share info:
Grimtale wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Hey Grim - did it have any sort of special sleeve? :mrgreen:
As Jack would say.... Good Question...
Grimtale wrote:
classicrock985 wrote:this is awesome! are you friends with Ben or something? How did this come to be? I'm genuinely interested in your connection.
As Jack would say "Good Question..."
Grim
Grimtale wrote:
flattop2001 wrote: Grim;
Does it have a matrix number on the run out?
Yep, one on both sides...
Grim
Last edited by higherlimits on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a misquote
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I have an 11" version that was supposed to be sold at SXSW.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

runofthemill wrote:I have an 11" version that was supposed to be sold at SXSW.
Post of the thread. :D

I think we can all play nice and discuss the origin and provenance of said records while keeping the jabs at a minimum. We're all mature individuals... right?

...... annnnnnnnnnnd cue kevron. :P
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Honestly,
How I obtained this and how it surfaced is probably not going to be known at this point. But I can say 100% that it wasn't illegal or shady in any way. Do you think Blackwell would have knowingly let me post that letter if it was?

In all fairness I'll answer the other questions Ian called me out on, but I want something in return Ian, since it's not ok to have secrets about an item...
Here are my answers:
1. Plain white sleeve in a clear vinyl cover.
2. Yes I am friends with Blackwell... is this a surprise to anyone?
3. XLT181A / XLT181B cut on a Toolex Machine at ASL 6 Orsman Road London United Kingdom.

So Ian, show us a pic of the back of your HP LB?
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Grimtale wrote:Honestly,
How I obtained this and how it surfaced is probably not going to be known at this point. But I can say 100% that it wasn't illegal or shady in any way. Do you think Blackwell would have knowingly let me post that letter if it was?

In all fairness I'll answer the other questions Ian called me out on, but I want something in return Ian, since it's not ok to have secrets about an item...
Here are my answers:
1. Plain white sleeve in a clear vinyl cover.
2. Yes I am friends with Blackwell... is this a surprise to anyone?
3. XLT181A / XLT181B cut on a Toolex Machine at ASL 6 Orsman Road London United Kingdom.

So Ian, show us a pic of the back of your HP LB?
Grim
I was NEVER trying to say that how YOU got it was illegal or even how BEN got it was illegal. I was just surmising that the original source of these was fairly shady. I then admitted that I was wrong about where Ben got it.

From my original reasoning this is what I stated as the source:
XL Recordings - Stolen by employee - sold to collector (Not Sean) - sold to Ben - Sold to Grim

But since you mentioned I was wrong then I'll admit I was wrong and just taking a guess at where Ben got his from.

The back of my HP LB is the second picture in the database here: http://www.whiteswirl.com/index.php?act ... &view=info it's been there for a while.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Grimtale wrote: 3. XLT181A / XLT181B cut on a Toolex Machine at ASL 6 Orsman Road London United Kingdom.
Are you saying the whole record was cut with a lathe? Or just the etchings were engraved with a Toolex?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

stoutr wrote:
Grimtale wrote: 3. XLT181A / XLT181B cut on a Toolex Machine at ASL 6 Orsman Road London United Kingdom.
Are you saying the whole record was cut with a lathe? Or just the etchings were engraved with a Toolex?
I think some guy named Jimmy etched the whole thing out of a bar of soap using his swiss army knife. I found it in his back pocket with a bottle of wine on the upper end of 7th street...
*wink*
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Grimtale wrote:
stoutr wrote:
I think some guy named Jimmy etched the whole thing out of a bar of soap using his swiss army knife. I found it in his back pocket with a bottle of wine on the upper end of 7th street...
*wink*
Grim
Shit I am busted, OK I have a box full of these at home $10 a pop to people who pm me with a witty request.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.