Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by Grimtale »

Dang I love all this mystery, hype and swirl...
The worlds most expensive records typically are surrounded with such...
Thanks guys.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
billdore
Little Bird

Post by billdore »

Cool. Thanks for the info Sean. That helps clarify the guesswork tossed around. :D
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I won't argue that my thoughts are 100% speculation and guess-work but I still think that Ben got his copy from the same batch that Sean had gotten his copy from. And based on the amount of secrecy etc. surrounding the 'release' of all that stuff that came out from the same source I can't fathom them being released in a 100% legal way..
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:I won't argue that my thoughts are 100% speculation and guess-work but I still think that Ben got his copy from the same batch that Sean had gotten his copy from. And based on the amount of secrecy etc. surrounding the 'release' of all that stuff that came out from the same source I can't fathom them being released in a 100% legal way..
Incorrect
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

How can my own thoughts/opinions be incorrect?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:How can my own thoughts/opinions be incorrect?
:-)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Well, I'm stumped as to where Ben got his copy then... I maintain my opinion about the legality of the other stuff though..
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:Well, I'm stumped as to where Ben got his copy then...
Is that really a mystery that has to be solved nor does it really matter?

The real mystery we should be chasing is where are there more to be found...
That's what collectors do isn't it... hunt more treasures...
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Someone who should know explained to me a while back that TP, promos etc form part of the R&D process and costs are claimed back for tax purposes, hence the "not for resale, remain property of the record company blah blah...." language is a legal requirement.

I dont think an individual selling the promo or TP and not giving funds to the original claimant of the tax benefit would be illeagal as such, and I would not go so far as to say these were stolen from XL without any proof. Any tax experts want to jump in, I may have been fed a line of crap....

I have been offered these on two occasions, but TP are just not my thing, if it had had a finished label on it I would have been on it in a flash.

Grim;
Does it have a matrix number on the run out?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

flattop2001 wrote: Grim;
Yep, one on both sides...
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

flattop2001 wrote:Someone who should know explained to me a while back that TP, promos etc form part of the R&D process and costs are claimed back for tax purposes, hence the "not for resale, remain property of the record company blah blah...." language is a legal requirement.

I dont think an individual selling the promo or TP and not giving funds to the original claimant of the tax benefit would be illeagal as such, and I would not go so far as to say these were stolen from XL without any proof. Any tax experts want to jump in, I may have been fed a line of crap....

I have been offered these on two occasions, but TP are just not my thing, if it had had a finished label on it I would have been on it in a flash.

Grim;
It wouldn't be illegal to sell the items, what would be illegal would be an employee of XL stealing the records off the shelf at XL and then selling them for his own gain. He'd have stolen them from XL. The tax doesn't come into it.

Again, this is just what was widely speculated to have been what happened back when all these things were unearthed.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:Someone who should know explained to me a while back that TP, promos etc form part of the R&D process and costs are claimed back for tax purposes, hence the "not for resale, remain property of the record company blah blah...." language is a legal requirement.

Grim;
It wouldn't be illegal to sell the items, what would be illegal would be an employee of XL stealing the records off the shelf at XL and then selling them for his own gain. He'd have stolen them from XL. The tax doesn't come into it.

Again, this is just what was widely speculated to have been what happened back when all these things were unearthed.
That's like asking a dealer if he paid taxes on the weed he sold last year...
Or all those flippers if they reported their income from the tri-colors they flipped...
LOL
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Grimtale wrote:
higherlimits wrote:

Grim;

That's like asking a dealer if he paid taxes on the weed he sold last year...
Or all those flippers if they reported their income from the tri-colors they flipped...
LOL
Grim
You'll get hit FAR harder for not paying taxes than for selling weed.

I'm an accountant and I can confirm that Prostitutes do pay taxes..
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:You'll get hit FAR harder for not paying taxes than for selling weed.

I'm an accountant and I can confirm that Prostitutes do pay taxes..
Now Ian, you know... you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too...
Grim
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Not practical I agree, but that is the issue and why Paypal is introducing a process this year. It will not stop at $20k or with Paypal.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.