New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
User avatar
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Bluegrass State

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by kevron6 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 am

Does anyone know what the deal is with the people who picked up their boxsets at TMR? I still have not received my headphones and cannot get a response on whether they will be shipped to me or I have to pick them up.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

User avatar
harvestgirl
spinning top mama
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by harvestgirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:24 am

chrono_1980 wrote:I still don't have mine, and I ordered from the 1st batch. Same story with the headphones...
so much for " before christmas" eh?
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"

hawke000

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by hawke000 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:30 am

I got mine today and I'm happy as shit. The sight of me carrying this 50lb box down the street will be something to remember. My face was like a dog's when it carries a big bone, its happy as hell but it almost falls over trying to pick it up. Love the Crosley, I thought the boxes were going to be "plastic-ie." From the pictures anyway, this is some really well made stuff. No headphones in the package but I can wait.

TMR does it again.

and the FFB tri and GITD wasn't a bad touch in the pack either

































jk!

D

User avatar
lightschuh
Little Acorn
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by lightschuh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

I got my headphones but haven't got my package. My hopes were high when i got the headphones on the 22nd. Now i'm thinking about contacting them to see where it's at. my lady got hers before christmas and we live in the same town. i figured it would show up a day later or something, but haven't got anything...

POST 333

User avatar
HappyDad
Little Ghost
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by HappyDad » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 pm

The Merry Christmas 7" made his apparition on the TMR catalog without a black version ... seems like a lot of the WS singles re-editions will be limited and not easy to get (Hello Operator, Merry Christmas, POSTTD ....) :roll:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE

elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by elduderino » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm

kevron6 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with the people who picked up their boxsets at TMR? I still have not received my headphones and cannot get a response on whether they will be shipped to me or I have to pick them up.
hey kev - i didn't buy the set for myself, but for a friend. picked up the set last week, minus the headphones, and they took down my phone number and email and said they would contact me when the phones arrived. they thought they'd be in this week.
he is everything i hate...

User avatar
harvestgirl
spinning top mama
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by harvestgirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 pm

fed ex can kiss my ass! they apparently attempted delivery NEXT DOOR 3x & now want me to go pick up my package 2 hours away!!! :twisted:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"

User avatar
higherlimits
Little People
Posts: 4078
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by higherlimits » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 pm

I hate Fed Ex, I'm NEVER at home during the day so how is it convenient? I always have to go probably 30 minutes away and wait in line to pick up anything.

User avatar
nesguys
Little Acorn
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by nesguys » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 pm

harvestgirl wrote:fed ex can kiss my ass! they apparently attempted delivery NEXT DOOR 3x & now want me to go pick up my package 2 hours away!!! :twisted:

Ya Fed Ex was brutal on this for the amount we all paid for shipping. For me they said my business was closed during delivery hours so they never attempted delivery. I don't own or live in a business. Its an Apt. Pretty obvious.

User avatar
harvestgirl
spinning top mama
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by harvestgirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 pm

yeah, they suck. said they will attempt delivery AGAIN tomorrow :roll: if not, they can drop if off 1 hour away & i'll have to go get it.

let's see if the dumb fuck driver can find it this time. pardon my french :lol:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"

User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 8780
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by rsimms3 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 pm

harvestgirl wrote:fed ex can kiss my ass! they apparently attempted delivery NEXT DOOR 3x & now want me to go pick up my package 2 hours away!!! :twisted:
Oh, that's just a slap in the face! They should deliver it to your doorstep, unpack it, and put the 7" on for you. You should put up a big sign in your front yard with your address and a note that you are awaiting a delivery.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom

User avatar
harvestgirl
spinning top mama
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by harvestgirl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 pm

^ sounds good to me! lol ~
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"

User avatar
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 am
Location: Bluegrass State

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by kevron6 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:22 pm

elduderino wrote:
kevron6 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with the people who picked up their boxsets at TMR? I still have not received my headphones and cannot get a response on whether they will be shipped to me or I have to pick them up.
hey kev - i didn't buy the set for myself, but for a friend. picked up the set last week, minus the headphones, and they took down my phone number and email and said they would contact me when the phones arrived. they thought they'd be in this week.
Thanks Larry
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.

elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by elduderino » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm

kevron6 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
kevron6 wrote:Does anyone know what the deal is with the people who picked up their boxsets at TMR? I still have not received my headphones and cannot get a response on whether they will be shipped to me or I have to pick them up.
hey kev - i didn't buy the set for myself, but for a friend. picked up the set last week, minus the headphones, and they took down my phone number and email and said they would contact me when the phones arrived. they thought they'd be in this week.
Thanks Larry
oh, and i guess i should say that i'm picking them up, they're not sending them.
he is everything i hate...

User avatar
chrono_1980
Little Ghost
Posts: 2187
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Location: The Great White North

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by chrono_1980 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:40 am

K - got mine today, just in time for x-mas... uh, nevermind about that...

The 12" box, very cool.
The 7" box, very cool.
The single, very cool.
Headphones, very cool.

The turntable - looks very cool. But it sounds like my inchophone... curious if something is wrong with it, or does everyone's sound like that? It's got a tinny almost vibrato sound to it. I've tried messing with the tone knob, which helps a bit. Tried 3 different 45's, all the same. Anybody else have this? Did my cartridge get damaged? Should I call TMR?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Post Reply