Little People

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by love_islander »

rare WS packing paper split colour!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Ahem...I had THREE colors or tri-color packing paper in my package. Red, white, and brown. It's okay to be jealous just this once.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

love_islander wrote:rare WS packing paper split colour!
:lol: Mine WAS "split": red and white/brown (I think it was white on one side and brown on the other...I could be wrong...or just full of shite! 8-) )
Wait, does that make MY packing crap TRI!? :roll:
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

If anyone's got some red packing crap, I'll trade some of my white stuff for it. :lol:
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

chrono_1980 wrote:If anyone's got some red packing crap, I'll trade some of my white stuff for it. :lol:
How much do you need?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

No smart comeback... haha
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Facetious. It's my middle name. ;)
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

mojoryan wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:"no one knows how to talk to children"?

Am I the only anal OCD sufferer that does not think this should have passed quality checks? :ugeek:
I just got a shipping confirmation from TMR for the replacement stickers.
wait....what? They're actually going to send out replacement stickers to cover the mis-quote?
Compliments of a reply from TMR. I really didn't believe it, but I had to ask about the replacement sticker.

"It is NOT true that there are replacement stickers. As for the tote bag, I will send you one right away. Thank you."
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

greginchains wrote:
Compliments of a reply from TMR. I really didn't believe it, but I had to ask about the replacement sticker.

"It is NOT true that there are replacement stickers. As for the tote bag, I will send you one right away. Thank you."
:D
Having the giggles right now....
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Bikedo wrote:
greginchains wrote:

I bet, and I may be a sucker, but giggle on, its good to giggle :lol:
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

greginchains wrote:
Bikedo wrote:
greginchains wrote:

I bet, and I may be a sucker, but giggle on, its good to giggle :lol:

Are you gigglin? or gregglin? :lol:
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Did anyone else set up the USB function on their Crosley?

I appreciate the turntable isn't of the highest calibre and you may wonder why I'd want to, but most of my stereo is about 12,000 miles away from me right now so I thought I'd give it a bash nonetheless.

Setup was fine, USB input etc. etc. I already use Audacity on my Mac anyway (OS X 10.6.5) the Midi Setup registers the USB input but I get no sound response at all. The tunrtable itself appears to play fine though.

I've used other USB turntables in my time, and I use Soundtrack Pro, Ableton and various other bits of editing software often enough that I feel I'm not a complete technotard, but I'm struggling here.

Any advice would be appreciated? I'm almost at the point where I can only assume it's broken.....
...if you can hear a piano fall...
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

coldsoup wrote:Did anyone else set up the USB function on their Crosley?

I appreciate the turntable isn't of the highest calibre and you may wonder why I'd want to, but most of my stereo is about 12,000 miles away from me right now so I thought I'd give it a bash nonetheless.

Setup was fine, USB input etc. etc. I already use Audacity on my Mac anyway (OS X 10.6.5) the Midi Setup registers the USB input but I get no sound response at all. The tunrtable itself appears to play fine though.

I've used other USB turntables in my time, and I use Soundtrack Pro, Ableton and various other bits of editing software often enough that I feel I'm not a complete technotard, but I'm struggling here.

Any advice would be appreciated? I'm almost at the point where I can only assume it's broken.....
"Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then the Sound panel, Input tab. Select USB Audio Codec as the input."
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

And did you flip the switch on the back to USB not phono.
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

PugFaceRex wrote:

"Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then the Sound panel, Input tab. Select USB Audio Codec as the input."
I certainly went and checked, it had USB selected as the input but the sound meter (green light) just picked up nothing from the turntable.
Snow Leopard appears to handle all that kind of jazz automatically, you don't have to manually do anything as the book states, I went through all the midi settings and as soon as the turntable is plugged in and switched on it all jumps to USB input but it can't 'hear' anything.

I'm nonplussed.
...if you can hear a piano fall...