New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Post by rsimms3 »

Pretty sure the 12" box is Crosley too. Holds 30+ albums (I would assume single albums) and runs $40-$60.

So, retail totals on this kit (minus what customization would be) would probably break down like this:
Headphones - $250
Turntable - $125
12" Record Box - $50
7" Record Box - $40 (based on TMR box)
Slipmat - $10
Record - $7
Total - $482
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
CaptainCanuck
Little Cream Soda

Post by CaptainCanuck »

They better get on this quick if it's to get to everyone before christmas...
Nobody Knows How To Talk To Children
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I'm beginning to feel numbness in my extremities.
That's what HE said.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

I really hope that they are not partnering with Crosley for this project. I bought that brown suitcase for my girlfriend a few years back and it broke within two months. The records would stop spinning about half way through because the turntable assumed that it had reached the end of the side. A friend had a similar problem with a table-top record player from Crosley. Junk.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

To the Banana phone!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Ill be at thirdman saturday I will ask plenty of questions
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

I just want that 45 box... that looks pretty stellar.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

dammit,, having bought the tmr headphones last week and thinking the crosley is a piece of crap (which is still not guaranteed to be crosley) its going to be a pretty expensive 7 in, 45 and 12 box if i buy it,, damm it would be great if they split it up but they probably wont,,
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

$500 , tempting ...
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
matlock665
Little Cream Soda

Post by matlock665 »

This seems kinda pricey, and a little bit unnecessary. If they sold this stuff separately it would be cool, but $500 is waaay to much to plunk down. A record player? I mean it's nice and all, but I can't imagine anyone who would buy this not already having a record player, or two. After the UGWNL set last year and now this, what's gonna happen next year a $1000 set, a White Stripes/United Record Pressing press-your-own record machine? I really wish they would keep these special-edition type things around the $100 level. I say put the three WS reissues in that Crosley? box, throw that 7', I'd pay $100 bucks for that. $125 even.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

I find this interesting as much as the next person. i just really hate how those headphones drive the price up so high.
I for one really want this but am gunna pass given the price tag of this thing. It'll be interesting to see the final announcement of this and the bottom line price tag from TMR themselves. But i mean, after last year, the UGWNL box set was already quite a damn bit for most people to afford...and with this thing being double the price...idk how most people can afford to even throw that kind of money into something so out of left field.

i'm thinking this might actually be on the electronic shelf for a while. Not to mention, the potential overhaul of TMR vinyl/merch that people will try to sell in order to get funds for this baby.

I really hope that the turntable isnt a crosley, i own a crosley right now. Its not bad but i fucken hate the speakers...sooo damn low. i mean, when i turn the knob all the way, i should feel shit vibrate...
But in all honestly, all the stuff in there just looks that damn nice. and to think, right when i was thinking of selling my Merry xmas white and black 7"'s...

Actually come to think of it, or perhaps its wishful thinking. Maybe everything is going to be available seperately, and they just quoted the price of these things if you were to buy them all at once. I say this because i'm finding it hard to think of exactly in what will they put all of these things in to make it one giant package. Unless if everything is shipped in its own box and seperately... (as opposed to having everything contained in one specially designed xmas box like the UGWNL Box)

i'm also wondering, how exactly does a magazine get the rights or even access to this kind of info before TMR actually even announces anything like it. didnt this happen sometime ago as well? Where some press mag or some shit released info earlier than TMR wanted to? Then TMR had no choice but to announce the sale...
Last edited by candycaneboy03 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

JoseyWales wrote:I believe it will be available through Thirdmanrecords.com
Me too it is too expensive of an item to only be sold instore
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

. :roll:
Last edited by tanzaib on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

littleacorn wrote:Ill be at thirdman saturday I will ask plenty of questions
and you'll come away with just as many answers as you have now...
he is everything i hate...
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

elduderino wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Ill be at thirdman saturday I will ask plenty of questions
and you'll come away with just as many answers as you have now...
True story
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.