New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by flattop2001 »

patchwork wrote:I am happy with it for the most part. why cant i raise my concerns about not getting what is advertised?
You can. Write to TMR and tell them, sure they will give you a frank reply.

Seriously if you buy as much band merch as me you will know TMR take far more care than most if not all others. They could have put out some real crap and charged $600 and most of us would have bought it anyway, the planning that goes into putting a set like this together is huge. We should cut them a break at Christmas. at least until they pass off another lame singles comp off as a vault package. :lol:
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I had a nice Christmas Eve day playing records on my new turntable, got lucky and my Vault package arrived today. Listend to the picture lp, the Christmas lp, and the black and blue live Deadweather from Nashville. All while the player sat on the island in our kitchen. The whole family enjoyed it. Thanks Third Man for a fun Christmas. I absolutely love the 12" Box, well made and now full of albums. I have no complaints. Good stuff which arrived just in time for Christmas. Merry Christmas Third Man and to all the Swirlers.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

where's the brush at again?
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

ochfish707 wrote:where's the brush at again?
Mine was in the 7" box.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Same here.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

runofthemill wrote:
ochfish707 wrote:where's the brush at again?
Mine was in the 7" box.
not ours... WTF :evil:
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

trickster wrote:Image
That looks awesome - looks like I'll be waiting till boxing day or later to get mine though...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I waited to open my set yesterday on Christmas. A few observations:

1. The 7" box feels more sturdy than the previous boxes. More layers of cardboard or something. I like the handle and the fact that you can't see where it's attached inside the box, very cool. Also, the record on the side says TMR333. I wonder if they will go with a different design or number on the regular ones since this was part of a 333 set or just stick with it out of ease of reproduction for future boxes.
2. From the couple of pictures of original peppermint swirl slipmats, the new one appears to have less red in the center near the hole and the design doesn't go all the way to the edge like the old one or even the 7" peppermint slipmat. Also, the material on the new one appears to be more felt where the old one looks thinner and more rigid, like a DJ mat that you would get from Technics.
3. I also like the 12" box very much but worry about the silk screening on the outside wearing off or maybe flaking off over time.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

How many 12" does the 12" record box fit approximately?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

This isn't a complaint, really, just an "I wish": I just wish my 7" box came in its own box like the LP box, as there are two (albeit wee) dents in it. (It was just kinda floatin' on top of everything wrapped only in some thin bubblewrap.) (And that typo—yeah, it's a little bit embarrassing!)

But otherwise?

I EFFIN' LOVE IT!!!

Everything came 12/24. The headphones are RAD! Okay, so it's really just those side plastic things that are White Stripey—but the red and white cord (and the box!) gives it a good passing mark. (Plus I needed 'phones and they sound pretty dang good.) The 45 and LP boxes? My Lord I want more of them!! They're both gorgeous—looking forward to putting my top suff in them. The record player is going to be a starter for a (God willing) future child when they reach their early teens as I have a great system already—but it LOOKS soooooo great, and it's an appropriate "vinyl starter" record player. (I really see it—and Crosleys in general—for A) ages 10-17 and B) those who just want a basic record player.) Totally awesome/beautiful to just display too, like art. (Functional art!) The 45 adaptors are sooo cute; and the single? Very nice to have! The slipmat seems to be one step below the usual quality of their past mats, but maybe that's just the eggnog speaking. (It still looks good though.)

I know it was a chunk of change; and that shipping for some of us was a further walletbuster (wish I had only chosen $30 for media mail and still got it FedEx . . .); and I do feel bad for anyone who didn't get their set or got it and have complaints about things in it. But for me it was absolutely worth it. So considering TMR is really in effect a small operation, coupled with the amount of planning and work it took to get all these things designed, made, packed and shipped, well dang, I think everyone there deserves a huge thank you. THANK YOU!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

trickster wrote:How many 12" does the 12" record box fit approximately?
Not sure, will have to check into that later for personal preference. The Crosley site lists 30+.
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

rsimms3 wrote:
trickster wrote:How many 12" does the 12" record box fit approximately?
Not sure, will have to check into that later for personal preference. The Crosley site lists 30+.
I have 25 in mine, but 4 of them are double LPs so 29 really. I probably could fit one or 2 more in, but it would be crowded.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Did you guys notice the difference in the 12inch slipmat being depicted in the official TMR picture and the one that's actually part of the set as shown by trickster?
No white border on the one from TMR.
Am I wrong on this?
trickster wrote:Image
VS
Picture 2.png
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

It's been a few days and I still can't believe how impressive this collection is. The boxes are much nicer and sturdier than I thought they'd be. My Slater 45 boxes have begun to peel away on some edges and it looks as though this will not be a problem with the new 45 tote. Also, it seems as though the picture on the 45 sleeve is a bit crisper than on the previous releases. Like some others, I did not get a record brush or TMR tote with my set. Also, my slipmat was not shipped in a bag, like the one in the picture above, so it got a few cricks in it. Although I was a bit disappointed about the brush, etc., the quality of the collection has curbed those sentiments. I am thrilled to have the set.