New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Re: Your Turntable's Customized!

Post by coldsoup »

Moller72 wrote:
coldsoup wrote:Did anyone else set up the USB function on their Crosley?

I appreciate the turntable isn't of the highest calibre and you may wonder why I'd want to, but most of my stereo is about 12,000 miles away from me right now so I thought I'd give it a bash nonetheless.

Setup was fine, USB input etc. etc. I already use Audacity on my Mac anyway (OS X 10.6.5) the Midi Setup registers the USB input but I get no sound response at all. The tunrtable itself appears to play fine though.

I've used other USB turntables in my time, and I use Soundtrack Pro, Ableton and various other bits of editing software often enough that I feel I'm not a complete technotard, but I'm struggling here.

Any advice would be appreciated? I'm almost at the point where I can only assume it's broken.....
And did you flip the switch on the back to USB not phono.
I don't have that switch, I have a Phone/AUX in switch, which I haven't checked but I am guessing is to run a line in to play out of the speakers.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

I never could hear the music while I was ripping (is that the right word?) from the vinyl.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

PugFaceRex wrote:I never could hear the music while I was ripping (is that the right word?) from the vinyl.
There's a setting in Audacity preferences that lets you choose whether to hear playback while you rip. My issue is a complete lack of signal, there's nothing there, I tried recording anyway and playing back, still nothing.

On to TMR I guess.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

coldsoup wrote:There's a setting in Audacity preferences that lets you choose whether to hear playback while you rip. My issue is a complete lack of signal, there's nothing there, I tried recording anyway and playing back, still nothing.

On to TMR I guess.
keep us up to date on your progress i'm having the same troubles.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Download 'Spin It Again' software, I've used it a lot and it is so much better than Audacity. For those inclined it can be found with a serial generator via searching... or so I heard that rumor...

Grim
I am everything you hate...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I perfer Audition for general audio work, Vegas for matrix and sync work.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Has anybody seen a full set of the WS vinyl starter kit sell recently? Curious what they’re worth & if it’s worth the hastle of selling it... cheers!
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Re: New White Stripes Record Player, Headphones + gift set

Post by thirdtesla »

Grimtale wrote:
HappyDad wrote:
Grimtale wrote:Now I know what I'm buying myself for Christmas. And you know me, I'll have to have two...
However, $500 is pretty steep for most vaulties... Wonder how many will sell?

Grim
First thing I thought when I saw this ... Grim will buy two of them ... :mrgreen:
Actually, I only need two of all the TMR vinyl releases. I have no need for the headphones, record player, etc.
Might wait and see if they sell that stuff separately.
Grim
Hey! The TMR knife is worth every penny. Why not buy the mid tier yellow TMR belt driven with isolated motor table and paint it? Fucker is harder to setup than the audiophile turntable I paid $15k for. Those travel
Crowley’s are pure shit. I’m mad and I got mine via vinyl roulette!
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Somehow my power source got mixed in with others. They're all pretty nondescript. Can someone take a photo of the power source that came with this turntable for me? Time to let this go. Well past time actually.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org