Film: Under Blackpool Lights

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Film: Under Blackpool Lights

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic it dedicated to, and is for, and about all releases of Under Blackpool Lights by The Whites Stripes.
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
3quid
Little Acorn

Re: Film: Under Blackpool Lights

Post by 3quid »

What is the deal about the hidden eggs in this film? I saw a thread over on LR about these eggs and I'm not quite sure what there about. I don't have the dvd yet to check myself and i didn't want to read through the whole long thread.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Jamie wrote:Image
:lol:
you know that this is a photoshoped item right?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Na , its real , its in the dvd !
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

this is by far the best concert film i have ever seen,, the music and the editing just blow everything else ive seen out of the water,,

kind of sucks it was a limited production run,, more people should get a chance to see this now,,
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

achouza wrote:this is by far the best concert film i have ever seen,, the music and the editing just blow everything else ive seen out of the water,,

kind of sucks it was a limited production run,, more people should get a chance to see this now,,
Check out Talking Heads "stop Making Sense" or Neil Young "Rust Never Sleeps". Controversial I know but in opinion UBL comes in a distant Third.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Sorry, but Laurie Anderson "Home of the Brave" all the way. "Stop Making Sense" a close second. Haven't seen UGWNL yet.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

cool,

thanks for the recommendation, il check them out
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

psycho killer from stop making sense is one of my all time favourite clips of anyone playing music
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

About the Easter Egg thing, A long while ago, I posted a couple of things I thought might be it, but realized later I was way off. Here's the post from Little Room:
Hello Everyone,

Just going through the DVD... There has to be TONS of stuff in the flash frames between shots, happens all the time with film makers. Usually in editorial you have to cut them out, but they leave them in for some reason ;) . Also, ever realize that the lights in the background look like a giant easter egg? Example below.

Just Found this in a frame. Could be the film it's self. Being an assistant editor they would have lopped this frame out. Looks like one of the States of America. I'm from Canada so I would have no idea. I will post everything I find suspicious at the end to see if anyone can figure it out too.

Alright a couple more before I get to a big one a bit later. Of course there is Jack and Meg in the crowd:

Also, in some of the flash frames, I noticed the same spattering as on the DVD cover. Could this be the art direction? Has there been any other live images like this in their career?

and of course "let's split the money 50/50."
No one's been able to figure out what the last easter egg is according to ben. Well as a final stand I'd like to try my hat at it: Going on the sugarbetty website they mentioned that 2 sets of these dolls were on stage both nights in Blackpool:
We were fortunate enough to be able to pass the dolls to Jack on the first of their two-night stand at the Empress Ballrooms in Blackpool. He and Meg were so delighted with them that they put a set on stage each night
I'm going to go through the DVD again to see if I can spot em.

D

oh btw below is the screen cap secret movie for 3quid :D
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

Does anyone have info on the 3 Rob Jones postcards that supposedly came with the first issue of the UBL DVD?
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

richardcosta wrote:Does anyone have info on the 3 Rob Jones postcards that supposedly came with the first issue of the UBL DVD?
My understanding is ,these celluloid cards came with the XL issue, the V2 issue has none.
IMG_3931.JPG
IMG_3933.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
TheDenialTwister
Little Cream Soda

Post by TheDenialTwister »

Think we might see this come back into production? I thought we'd see it this year for the 10th anniversary.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

TheDenialTwister wrote:Think we might see this come back into production? I thought we'd see it this year for the 10th anniversary.
Well I think since the DVD market is a booming industry...........
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net