Album: Elephant

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Re: Album: Elephant

Post by avrate »

My four different editions is looking pretty weak right now :)
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

“Did you know the British sleeve of Elephant was made out of recycled elephant dung? We forgot to tell people about that at the time.” - Jack White
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

does anyone know if the 180 g is out of print i can't seem to find it anywhere?
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

carlena777 wrote:does anyone know if the 180 g is out of print i can't seem to find it anywhere?
there are a couple on ebay right now in the $30-$40 range…
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

It'll be back on the TMR store at some point, it'll always be in print but there's a huge backlog at the presses so it's probably taking a backseat to newer releases.
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

OMG!!! I litterally just got elephant on vinyl for christmas and i am so happy because its really hard to find now but i am so happy and excited i now have 4 out of the 6 albums on vinyl still waiting for get behind me satan to drop crossing my fingers that it will sometime next year for the 10 year aniversary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

congrats ! i bet that 180 gram sounds great.
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

Congrats, dude! Hope you enjoy it.

Just out of interest, what's the other WS album you don't have on vinyl?
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

Congratulations! Just judging by your posts, I know you've been wanting this WS masterpiece on vinyl. Merry Christmas
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

pigammon wrote:Congrats, dude! Hope you enjoy it.

Just out of interest, what's the other WS album you don't have on vinyl?
Thank you, I will
I don't have icky thump yet I'm trying to decide if I should or not because there are quite a bit of songs on there I don't like very much but I'm sure I'll learn to like them lol.
pigammon
Little Cream Soda

Post by pigammon »

carlena777 wrote:I don't have icky thump yet I'm trying to decide if I should or not because there are quite a bit of songs on there I don't like very much but I'm sure I'll learn to like them lol.
Ah, cool. I don't have IT on vinyl either (despite the fact it's my 2nd favourite WS album) but that's because the cheapest I can find it is £27. Ridiculous price for a regular 2LP press.
Avatar is Fall by Bridget Riley. (1963)
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

pigammon wrote:
carlena777 wrote:I don't have icky thump yet I'm trying to decide if I should or not because there are quite a bit of songs on there I don't like very much but I'm sure I'll learn to like them lol.
Ah, cool. I don't have IT on vinyl either (despite the fact it's my 2nd favourite WS album) but that's because the cheapest I can find it is £27. Ridiculous price for a regular 2LP press.
ya same here in Canada the average price range is from $32 CAD to $37 which really sucks :thumbdown:
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

artstudent13 wrote:i bet that 180 gram sounds great.
personally, i think it is one of the best sounding vinyl releases i own…from any artist.
carlena777 wrote:I don't have icky thump yet I'm trying to decide if I should or not because there are quite a bit of songs on there I don't like very much but I'm sure I'll learn to like them lol
icky thump on vinyl is worth every penny!
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

So this doesn't really relate to elephant but as I stated in the comments above i havent yet picked up icky thump.. so I went to a record shop during the weekend to see if the store carried it... $40 later and I am quite proud of it. Did anyone get a download code with there's because I did not just wondering?
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

carlena777 wrote:So this doesn't really relate to elephant but as I stated in the comments above i havent yet picked up icky thump.. so I went to a record shop during the weekend to see if the store carried it... $40 later and I am quite proud of it. Did anyone get a download code with there's because I did not just wondering?

No I didn't get one.

Edited because I don't know what I was talking about.
Last edited by matthewvh on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.