Single: Hotel Yorba

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Re: Single: Hotel Yorba

Post by Scheckywhite »

Yep they're called centerhold dinkers
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

Anyone know if there's a second version of the Hotel Yorba sleeve? If yes, can you please post a picture?
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Hello, I have no idea what forum etiquette is, so I don't know where to start, but anonymousbrunette told me to get on here because I would find like minded, possibly disturbed, wax collectors. So I have, and the first three days have been openmouthed 'oh my, there is so much i don't know'.

I am recovering.

My first question is to echo the one above, more info about this 'other' Hotel Yorba 7"?

I have the XL 7" and the 3", but I had no clue there was another......any more info.....?
barrowc
Little Cream Soda

Post by barrowc »

There are two sleeve variants on the XL as described earlier in this thread.

The large-hole third version is either extremely elusive or a figment of our collective imagination. It originally came to light in connection with http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar. ... 0206177850 and you will see there are two copies of "Hotel Yorba" in the photo. The description says:
15.'HOTEL YORBA' SOLID CENTRE

16.'HOTEL JORBA' JUKE BOX CENTRE
Other than the mis-spelling, it could obviously just have been a dinked (i.e. centre cut-out) copy of the normal version but several people, myself included, seem to recall seeing an actual image of a label with the large hole and the text re-arranged accordingly. No-one can now find any image (or copy of the record) to support this claim so I think it can only be described as "does not exist" unless someone can find a copy
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Oh cheers, awesome info.
I shall consider it non-existant while keeping my eyes ever so slightly peeled.

This site is awesome, I'm only about 12 months into my really dangerous 'buying JW records instead of paying rent' stage, so I'm kind of an amateur and in need of info. Need to get a photo of my collection up....
...if you can hear a piano fall...
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

coldsoup wrote:Oh cheers, awesome info.
I shall consider it non-existant while keeping my eyes ever so slightly peeled.

This site is awesome, I'm only about 12 months into my really dangerous 'buying JW records instead of paying rent' stage, so I'm kind of an amateur and in need of info. Need to get a photo of my collection up....
You will have fun trying to track stuff down.

I'm only 11 records away from having my complete WS singles collection. (13 if you include a pink and HP Lafayette)
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

That's pretty sharp. Did it take you long?

I think I'm only missing 2 x LB, 1 x DT 3", 1 x IT 12", 1 x IT pic disc (the white one), 2 x HO 7", and 1 x LSMAA tour edition 7" then I'm done for Stripes, but I only collect all versions, US & UK of official vinyl releases. So my task is a touch easier. It's gets out of control pretty quickly.........
...if you can hear a piano fall...
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

cdb wrote:
Scheckywhite wrote:Image

I have literally seen this once on ebay. ever.

you seen one in my house.
are these rarer than HP? I was told only 10 were made, can anybody confirm?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Is that a vinyl release? I was thinking it was a promo CD version but may very well have my wires crossed.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

It's a cd.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Thanks