Single: I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Single: I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic it dedicated to, and is for, and about all releases of I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself by The Whites Stripes.
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Re: Single: I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Post by richardcosta »

Can someone run down the various cd releases of this song title? I have seen at least 3 versions but the one I am most interested in has a photo of Jack and Meg dancing on the cover. What can you tell me about these - are they rare?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

richardcosta wrote:Can someone run down the various cd releases of this song title? I have seen at least 3 versions but the one I am most interested in has a photo of Jack and Meg dancing on the cover. What can you tell me about these - are they rare?
The cd you are after is the promo version (I dont have more info unfortunately)
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Was thinking about the strange and unique history of this release the other day - an old BBC radio performance gets released as a B side to a single from the third album, then two years later it is included on the fourth album, then later on gets released as an A side in its own right. Surprising they didn't go a for a Toe Rag re-record for Elephant.
mintmint333
Little Bird

Maroon vinyl 5 in the world

Post by mintmint333 »

I've heard strong rumours about there being a maroon coloured vinyl of I just don't know what to do with myself? Apparently there are only 5 in the world and jack asked the 5 to be placed in hardest button to button sleeve. How true this is I don't know but it sounds like a thing jack white would do. Anybody know anything else?
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

That's an interesting first post.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Re: Maroon vinyl 5 in the world

Post by flattop2001 »

mintmint333 wrote:I've heard strong rumours about there being a maroon coloured vinyl of I just don't know what to do with myself? Apparently there are only 5 in the world and jack asked the 5 to be placed in hardest button to button sleeve. How true this is I don't know but it sounds like a thing jack white would do. Anybody know anything else?
One sold on eBay a few years ago for about $350.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
mintmint333
Little Bird

Post by mintmint333 »

Jack white does some strange but good stuff. I'm a big collector of white stripes records and I'm missing 4 (including that maroon vinyl) known vinyls that's the hand painted laffeyette blues, 10" ball and biscuit (limited to 10) 3" denial twist and that maroon do with myself limited to 5. If anybody has one on here let me know lol. How much would one go for on eBay today???
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

mintmint333 wrote:Jack white does some strange but good stuff. I'm a big collector of white stripes records and I'm missing 4 (including that maroon vinyl) known vinyls that's the hand painted laffeyette blues, 10" ball and biscuit (limited to 10) 3" denial twist and that maroon do with myself limited to 5. If anybody has one on here let me know lol. How much would one go for on eBay today???
Thats like saying... "I have a lot of cups, but what I really want is the holy grail." You are looking for things that are attainable, but just barely. And that is providing you have both the connections and the cash. Why don't you post these in an ISO thread and see what comes of it?
Has everything you said today been true?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

mintmint333 wrote:Jack white does some strange but good stuff. I'm a big collector of white stripes records and I'm missing 4 (including that maroon vinyl) known vinyls that's the hand painted laffeyette blues, 10" ball and biscuit (limited to 10) 3" denial twist and that maroon do with myself limited to 5. If anybody has one on here let me know lol. How much would one go for on eBay today???
If it helps, there's a 3" denial twist on ebay at the moment...
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

I'm surprised you have a Meg Icky Thump picture disc but not a 3" Denial Twist, which are fairly are easy to get. I've had three DT3" over the years. Currently I have none, though that might change in the future.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I want a DT3", but it doesn't mean quite as much if Jack doesnt give one to you. I keep hoping that there is still a chance for this to happen.
Has everything you said today been true?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Was this the one that sold a few years back?
Looks like it went for £206 which was $317.23 back then.

http://www.popsike.com/WHITE-STRIPES-I- ... 77671.html
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mintmint333
Little Bird

Post by mintmint333 »

So the maroon is real then!!!! I normally get my records from eBay and have to end up paying a fair old bit. My mrs is going to kill me one day.... It's funny because I brought a get behind me Satan lp (the bootleg one) from a record shop in London and it had the meg picture disc inside it!! Obviously a major mistake, I couldn't believe my luck! Another thing I've had chances to bid on a 3" denial twist but never been to urgent for it. (perhaps I'm waiting to meet jack lol) I bet there's loads more vinyl out there we don't know about.

Back to the maroon vinyl I would pay £260 for that any day of the week. Especially that there's only meant to be 5 of them!!
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Can you buy/sell on popsike or is it strictly a database?
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.