Single: I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Re: Single: I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Post by orangeshoeskid »

rival wrote:Can you buy/sell on popsike or is it strictly a database?
It's just an archive of past auctions.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

a sales rep from xl dropped a few of these off at a store in the uk to give away,around the time it was released .
hunter333
Little Bird

Post by hunter333 »

Yeah these are rare as hell!!! This coloured version of I just don't know etc... Is up there with the ball a biscuit 10" same amount made aswell I believe. Anybody else have one??
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

JUST SOLD! No one is quite sure the story behind it, but this "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" single from XL Records pressed on maroon vinyl in 2003 might just be the ONLY known copy. Stripes archivist Ben Blackwell is pretty sure he bought the curio off eBay in 2010. Blackwell just recently sold the single for $10,000 to mega-collector Frank Anselmo. Great, rare records command great, rare prices.
Image Image Image

Well, I guess we now know who bought it off eBay when it was relatively cheap.

Seeing news like this makes me miss how active the thread was back then, whether it was collecting threads or scrolling through pages of dick posts…
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

jamesmonzon1 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:26 am
JUST SOLD! No one is quite sure the story behind it, but this "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" single from XL Records pressed on maroon vinyl in 2003 might just be the ONLY known copy. Stripes archivist Ben Blackwell is pretty sure he bought the curio off eBay in 2010. Blackwell just recently sold the single for $10,000 to mega-collector Frank Anselmo. Great, rare records command great, rare prices.
Image Image Image

Well, I guess we now know who bought it off eBay when it was relatively cheap.

Seeing news like this makes me miss how active the thread was back then, whether it was collecting threads or scrolling through pages of dick posts…
I guess they never should have kicked out the person that was keeping the board alive... :roll: From what I've gathered of course.

DOOM
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Damn, that's a whole new level of grandiose, even for you Birdman.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

rsimms3 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:47 pm Damn, that's a whole new level of grandiose, even for you Birdman.
Who’s birdman? i’m DOOM
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mfdoom wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:18 pm
rsimms3 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:47 pm Damn, that's a whole new level of grandiose, even for you Birdman.
Who’s birdman? i’m DOOM
DOhawkeOM
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

:lol:
06E66C90-E055-4096-A26D-22DD89F7FAB0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'm betting it was a changeover record, when colors are changed out of the press and mix in weird ways. Most labels toss those or keep them hidden away in a closet somewhere. I've pressed a few records on my label and there are usually four or five of those in the mix.