Album: Icky Thump

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: Album: Icky Thump

Post by grumblestiltskin »

rsimms3 wrote:There's nothing in that announcement to indicate a reissue of Icky Thump with a TMR catalog number. It has the original UPC barcode from 2007 and Warner remains as the label partner. I think someone asked that this resume being pressed and the powers that be agreed. TMR philosophy is to reissue old albums that are no longer being pressed except GBMS, if this is simply a repress they wouldn't need to be involved. Also, Icky Thump was originally pressed at RTI, not URP.
Fixed
Patient B1003
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:There's nothing in that announcement to indicate a reissue of Icky Thump with a TMR catalog number. It has the original UPC barcode from 2007 and Warner remains as the label partner. I think someone asked that this resume being pressed and the powers that be agreed. TMR philosophy is to reissue old albums that are no longer being pressed except GBMS, if this is simply a repress they wouldn't need to be involved. Also, Icky Thump was originally pressed at RTI, not URP.
Fixed
URP recently said that GBMS will be pressed at some point in the future
Never trust a hippy
Lola
Little Cream Soda

Post by Lola »

dmdv1 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Wonder why they're skipping over Elephant.
Its not easy to skip over an Elephant
:lol:
<ifeelstrange> JackWhite: i am looking forward to Tulsa!
<JackWhite> ifeelstrange: me too tulsa is a campfire in the desert of my brain
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
Fixed
RTI rules.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

dmdv1 wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
Fixed
Ahh, the enduring vague promise we've all been holding on to since day 1...still, if URP said it, can only be a good thing.
Patient B1003
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
Fixed
Ahh, the enduring vague promise we've all been holding on to since day 1...still, if URP said it, can only be a good thing.
I have a copy so Im good! :D
Never trust a hippy
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I have started seeing the URP repress of Icky Thump in record stores. At least I am am 99% sure it's the repress since it's been out of print for a while. From the outside it looks identical to me. I haven't purchased one to check it thoroughly against my original release, but there is one thing different that you can tell with almost every copy. The repress comes with the thick pink inner sleeves instead of the plain white inner sleeves. With all the copies I looked at this weekend you could clearly see the pink inner sleeve from the side.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

There were a couple copies of Icky at TMR yesterday, but I didn't think to ask if they were the new re-issue.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Edjohansson
Little Cream Soda

Post by Edjohansson »

Listening to this now.....with a whiskey.
I keep getting into stranger's vans, but still no candy.
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=edjohansson
tvstoryteller
Little Bird

Post by tvstoryteller »

I was just looking at images of this record, and I noticed some of the red seal labels are at the top, and some on the side. My copy is on the side. Is there any significance to the label placement?
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

tvstoryteller wrote:I was just looking at images of this record, and I noticed some of the red seal labels are at the top, and some on the side. My copy is on the side. Is there any significance to the label placement?
On top? As far as I know, only the CD version has the "fake seal" on top. The LP wears it on the side (so the vinyl is sealed :D )
Am I right?
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
dulei
Little Bird

Post by dulei »

See, I thought that could be an explanation but then the tracklisting on there is split into only two sides, A & B. I'm 99% sure it's wrong, but it's an odd thing to be wrong about.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It seems this album has gone back out of print. Ordered from Soundstage Direct and order was canceled due to unavailability. Strange since it was most recently repressed at URP. Getting ready for 2017?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

rsimms3 wrote:It seems this album has gone back out of print. Ordered from Soundstage Direct and order was canceled due to unavailability. Strange since it was most recently repressed at URP. Getting ready for 2017?
Shopradiocast has it online and it's in stock.

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/T ... -2XLP.html
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

matthewvh wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:It seems this album has gone back out of print. Ordered from Soundstage Direct and order was canceled due to unavailability. Strange since it was most recently repressed at URP. Getting ready for 2017?
Shopradiocast has it online and it's in stock.

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/T ... -2XLP.html
Thanks for the link but I already found one through Discogs for $30 shipped.