Album: Icky Thump

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Re: Album: Icky Thump

Post by Coma16 »

This record showed up at one of my local record stored. Should I pick it up or do u guys thinks Third Man is going re-release it in the next couple of years?
BlindCarbonCopy
Little Bird

Post by BlindCarbonCopy »

You should pick it up from third man directly as I guarantee that's where they got it. And they will have to make a few bucks on it, but TMR never stopped producing it, it just isn't as easy to find. Have to go to "bands" then looks through the white stripes stuff.

http://thirdmanstore.com/bands/the-whit ... inyl-or-cd
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

BlindCarbonCopy wrote:You should pick it up from third man directly as I guarantee that's where they got it. And they will have to make a few bucks on it, but TMR never stopped producing it, it just isn't as easy to find. Have to go to "bands" then looks through the white stripes stuff.

http://thirdmanstore.com/bands/the-whit ... inyl-or-cd
With exchange rates and shipping it would be more expensive from Third Man. Plus, for some reason, they don't ship this record outside of the USA.
BlindCarbonCopy
Little Bird

Post by BlindCarbonCopy »

My bad man. Didn't realize you were across the pond. Well then yes, I'd grab it. Thirdman isn't going to push it out to major retailers again, not their style. They have it on there to allow indie stores to order several copies for sale (mine sells it for like $35). But other than your shop, might try discogs. Pretty big European presence on there anymore, so you might find a cheaper copy from someone that's taken good care of it and is just done with the record and can ship for next to nothing. But yeah, you need the regular version of that album. It's a good one, and if your lucky enough to have the mono, I wouldn't be spinning that very often if ever.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Thanks. I'm in Canada and the store (and even amazon) are selling it for about $35 CAD so I might just pick it up. But if a RSD version is on the horizon then id rather hold out. But with the Vault mono version out I'm not sure if they have plans on doing another version.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Coma16 wrote:Thanks. I'm in Canada and the store (and even amazon) are selling it for about $35 CAD so I might just pick it up. But if a RSD version is on the horizon then id rather hold out. But with the Vault mono version out I'm not sure if they have plans on doing another version.
If theres gonna be an RSD version it would be somewhere in ±2020. Better listen to it now than wait so long without.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Datch wrote:
Coma16 wrote:Thanks. I'm in Canada and the store (and even amazon) are selling it for about $35 CAD so I might just pick it up. But if a RSD version is on the horizon then id rather hold out. But with the Vault mono version out I'm not sure if they have plans on doing another version.
If theres gonna be an RSD version it would be somewhere in ±2020. Better listen to it now than wait so long without.
...or 2017....
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Yeah, 8track.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

So... no acknowledgment of the ten year anniversary of Icky Thump today from TMR?
SIGH...
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

chaptertwentyone wrote:So... no acknowledgment of the ten year anniversary of Icky Thump today from TMR?
SIGH...
For most of July of 2007 I had a rental car due to a car accident that wasn't my fault. Said rental car had satellite radio and I got to hear Icky Thump and You Don't Know What Love Is a whole lot.

10 years, wow.
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

^^Just watched that for the first time in years. "Great Wall of Mexico under construction". Who knew?
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

"300 MPH" is still one of Jack White's finest hours as far as songwriting is concerned. Dylanesque? A little, but still beautiful.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

chaptertwentyone wrote:"300 MPH" is still one of Jack White's finest hours as far as songwriting is concerned. Dylanesque? A little, but still beautiful.
Agreed! That's the one that I played on my radio show last night for the 10th anniversary of Icky Thump.
a meg me da medo
Little Cream Soda

Post by a meg me da medo »

chaptertwentyone wrote:"300 MPH" is still one of Jack White's finest hours as far as songwriting is concerned. Dylanesque? A little, but still beautiful.
:-) +1

Looking forward for the demo version on #33
myISO: i wish i have... click here