Little Acorn

Re: Single: Conquest

Post by lightschuh »

i was younger at the time of the release and missed out on alot of goodies :(
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

flattop2001 wrote:for those of us with ocd that lived through the whole deal it was epic
Ahh...those were the days. :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

dylnfan wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:for those of us with ocd that lived through the whole deal it was epic
Ahh...those were the days. :D
:evil:
KungFu refused to send the stickers with my Conquests.
They placed them over the wrong ones instead
I must have delayed to place the order and only the first ones had been sent out with the wrong ones.
When they realized the mistake they stopped sending them till they got replacement stickers.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

They only shipped mislabled ones to the US, by the time they were set to ship internationally they had discovered the problem... I know that I had ordered them ASAP and didn't get them until after everything was fixed. (I don't remember if it was a preorder or not)
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Does anyone know approx. how many were mislabeled? Are they considered rare?
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

higherlimits wrote:They only shipped mislabled ones to the US, by the time they were set to ship internationally they had discovered the problem... I know that I had ordered them ASAP and didn't get them until after everything was fixed. (I don't remember if it was a preorder or not)
My wife and I had a mislabelled set each here 'in' the uk
wormholesurfer
Little Bird

Post by wormholesurfer »

hi there
does anybody have some singles to sell?
i am only searching thos where are new B sides on it
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

wormholesurfer wrote:hi there
does anybody have some singles to sell?
i am only searching thos where are new B sides on it
I have a full set spare, shoot me an offer. All three have unique b-sides. I will throw in the Best Buy exclusive CD which has all the tracks from the singles on if the offer is reasonable.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

it may just be me but these are the only 45's that really piss me offff :twisted: . and i like the song too
Last edited by hsp88 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PenceyPrep
Little Bird

Post by PenceyPrep »

7th_son wrote:BUT, do you have the mislabelled with corrected labels placed over the wrong labels? The ultra rare double label!
I just bought a set of Conquest 7" on ebay and they are, in fact, "double label." I'm new to vinyl collecting so I'm not sure if the "ultra rare" is a joke or not. Did I stumble across an ebay gem by accident? The seller either didn't know, or didn't care if they were special, as I got the set of records and the slipmat for $31.

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated by this novice!
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

PenceyPrep wrote:
7th_son wrote:BUT, do you have the mislabelled with corrected labels placed over the wrong labels? The ultra rare double label!
I just bought a set of Conquest 7" on ebay and they are, in fact, "double label." I'm new to vinyl collecting so I'm not sure if the "ultra rare" is a joke or not. Did I stumble across an ebay gem by accident? The seller either didn't know, or didn't care if they were special, as I got the set of records and the slipmat for $31.

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated by this novice!
Originals had wrong label - corrected version had wrong label plus correct label on top
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

The originals with the incorrect stickers also had an email sent out and you were able to request the new labels.

I have the original with the incorrect labels, along with the envelope from WB containing the new stickers.
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

melikecheese wrote:The originals with the incorrect stickers also had an email sent out and you were able to request the new labels.

I have the original with the incorrect labels, along with the envelope from WB containing the new stickers.
oh boy... i want that
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

lightschuh wrote:
melikecheese wrote:The originals with the incorrect stickers also had an email sent out and you were able to request the new labels.

oh boy... i want that

I opened the envelope (for some weird reason, I think it took like 3 months so I forgot what it was), its just a standard #10 biz with window and the WB address printed on it and the labels inside.

I'd be down to trade it for other WS stuff, PM me if you want.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I am working on collecting the Icky Thump era singles currently. Can anyone confirm that all 4 Conquest singles from XL play at 45rpm? I have one XL Conquest (Cash Grab) that plays at 45, was wondering if the rest do as well. Any ideas why the Warner are 33 and the XL are 45?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom