Single: Lets Shake Hands

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Single: Lets Shake Hands

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jettkoral wrote:Are there bootlegs of the 2nd pressing LSH?
Yes.

One on left is real. One on right is fake.

MWooten34
Little Cream Soda

Post by MWooten34 »

Stumbled upon what is advertised on ebay as being a 2nd pressing LSH. The picture has an appropriate looking cover and the record sticking out has an Italy label but is red wax. Is this a later reissue or pressing or a straight up counterfeit? I'm in new territory here and don't know all the tells, but something seems off.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out (I don't know how to make the widget): http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Stripes-L ... 417ac696a9

EDIT: I looked through the thread and saw that first press had red labels and a fake of this was red vinyl and black label. I assume that's what this is, though if anyone has pertinent info feel free to share. Thanks.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Label color matches the wax, red wax + red label = real. Same for black, grey/faded label = fake as seen in picture above.

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
MWooten34
Little Cream Soda

Post by MWooten34 »

Awesome. That's for reaffirming that. I'll be passing on that deal. And now I'll know more for future reference.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

flattop2001 wrote:http://www.whiteswirl.com/index.php?act ... &view=info

Any more info on this?
?
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Jettkoral wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:http://www.whiteswirl.com/index.php?act ... &view=info

Any more info on this?
?
From what I have been told, Blackwell is the only owner of this record. I would say its in the same vein as the "Double B Side Label" and other sleeve mispressings he showed off in the Crate Diggers interview.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
c0rpe
Little Cream Soda

Post by c0rpe »

hi guys,

a 7" claiming to be the second pressing showed up at a local record store this week. I've been trying my best to search everywhere I can to try and figure out if it's real or not. I'm still unsure.

Is there a definitive guide to being able to tell if a second pressing is genuine?

I was hoping this thread would have done that: http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=1470

Unfortunately there is contradicting information between this thread and that one about the color of the record. It states there was no genuine second pressing on RED. This thread says otherwise.

The one in my local shop is RED. The cover looks to be correct, but who can even tell anymore.

Any tips on how I can tell?
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

There was no genuine second pressing on red. All second pressings are black. Second pressing label is black and white. Fake pressing label is dark grey and white.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

crimpies wrote:There was no genuine second pressing on red. All second pressings are black. Second pressing label is black and white. Fake pressing label is dark grey and white.
Absolutely no genuine second pressing was on red, crimpies is correct. There were bootlegs with red vinyl and black and white labels but all red LSH Italy pressings have red labels and are first pressings.
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

Hey quick question,

I picked up a LSH 45 today at a local shop. It says, "Second Pressing" with Italy records label on the back. The record itself is red, with Italy in bold white font. I'm guessing from what I've read its a bootleg?

Last edited by Toledo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Toledo wrote:Hey quick question,

I picked up a LSH 45 today at a local shop. It says, "Second Pressing" with Italy records label on the back. The record itself is red, with Italy in bold white font. I'm guessing from what I've read its a bootleg?
If the label isn't in red ink then yes, you definitely have one of the notorious bootlegs. The red vinyl always has red labels. Second and "third" pressings of this release from Italy are standard black vinyl. Also FYI, in case you haven't read back through this thread, the "third" pressing of LSH on Italy is actually just the second pressing with a different cover.
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Toledo wrote:Hey quick question,

If the label isn't in red ink then yes, you definitely have one of the notorious bootlegs. The red vinyl always has red labels. Second and "third" pressings of this release from Italy are standard black vinyl. Also FYI, in case you haven't read back through this thread, the "third" pressing of LSH on Italy is actually just the second pressing with a different cover.
Great, just when I thought I discovered a diamond. Oh well, I guess it's cool to have to the collection. Are these worth anything? I paid $11 for mine.

Also, I came across another WS bootleg album. It was the BBC Sessions album. I picked one up a couple years ago that had a red cover and rec vinyl, but this one I'm pretty sure was identical other than it having a black cover and black vinyl. Any info on those?
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The BBC Sessions boots are fairly common, but cool to have as long as you didn't pay an arm and a leg.

The LSH boots are sort of a novelty. Yeah, it's worth $11 in my opinion to have one tucked away for a laugh. Just don't ever try to sell it as genuine, the vinyl gods will come down on you hard! haha
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

shaneoftheroad wrote:The BBC Sessions boots are fairly common, but cool to have as long as you didn't pay an arm and a leg.

The LSH boots are sort of a novelty. Yeah, it's worth $11 in my opinion to have one tucked away for a laugh. Just don't ever try to sell it as genuine, the vinyl gods will come down on you hard! haha
BBC sessions was $21 I think, but I already have the red version so it was hard to convince myself I needed it. Thanks for the help.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This popped up on eBay and the listing ended before I even knew it was there. A test pressing for LSH on Italy. I've never seen a test for this release. Have any of you? Also, do any of you know definitively if LSH was pressed at Archer or Musicol? Seems this is a Muiscol test pressing but I'm not 100% sure. Matrix codes are: 106986 / 106987.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-White-Strip ... SwM4xXbQ6n