Stripes Vinyl Guide.

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
stoutr
Little Ghost

Re: Stripes Vinyl Guide.

Post by stoutr »

Kaber wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Yeah, that's the Icky Thump 12" single. 300 were made and apparently only 85 were sold. They were made available online (I believe in November 2007..) but due to issues with Kungfu they were only able to be bought by people with US addresses. A few interenationals were able to buy them using a fake US address and then e-mailing kungfu to change it. I think they sold out in about 30 minutes and now sell on ebay for a lot. One of the rarest White Stripes releases ever.
I bought one and my wife bought one but they never arrived. Painful experience....
Bummer! What happened to them? TMR sitting on a box of them to sell later?
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

stoutr wrote:
Kaber wrote:
higherlimits wrote:Yeah, that's the Icky Thump 12" single. 300 were made and apparently only 85 were sold. They were made available online (I believe in November 2007..) but due to issues with Kungfu they were only able to be bought by people with US addresses. A few interenationals were able to buy them using a fake US address and then e-mailing kungfu to change it. I think they sold out in about 30 minutes and now sell on ebay for a lot. One of the rarest White Stripes releases ever.
I bought one and my wife bought one but they never arrived. Painful experience....
Bummer! What happened to them? TMR sitting on a box of them to sell later?
They use them as place matts.
Acidman68
Little Acorn

Post by Acidman68 »

Anyone have a catalog No for the 12" 45 single sided Icky Thump any No i can put into discogs
ISO http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4096
Discogs Collection http://www.discogs.com/user/ahh-pg-
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/graeme.sinclair.77
i got a letter this morning what do you recon it read
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

I hope these turn up in roulettes
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

stoutr wrote:
Excellent. I have a sealed one and an open one. Bully!
That thing sold out in way less then 30 mins. I got shut out about 15 mins in. Never got on...

That was the day I realized it was no longer going to be fairly easy to buy any WS limited release like it had been. Oh how times change.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

They were gone almost immediately, 5 mins tops. I missed out due to the Kung Fu error and I'm still bitter about it.
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

i'm in kanada and i was able to order one .
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I ordered one using a fake address, I couldn't do it with my Canadian one..
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

i just used my canadian address and had no problems .
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Sorry this has probably already been asked but is the Carolina Drama by White Stripes vinyl a real promo item or a bootleg?
Also are the songs on it 7NA, Carolina, Dead Leaves, Jolene unreleased?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

AJ123 wrote:Sorry this has probably already been asked but is the Carolina Drama by White Stripes vinyl a real promo item or a bootleg?
Also are the songs on it 7NA, Carolina, Dead Leaves, Jolene unreleased?
It is a bootleg
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

I didn't know where to post this so hopefully this is the right spot.

I'm tackling the daunting task of cataloguing my vinyl on Discogs and I can't for the life of me find The White Stripes - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground 2012 TMR170 on red vinyl.

Does anyone know where to find it? The main submission has black vinyl and the secondary submission is regarding a misprinted label.

Can anyone help me with a link the the release I'm looking for? Thanks.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

rival wrote:I didn't know where to post this so hopefully this is the right spot.

I'm tackling the daunting task of cataloguing my vinyl on Discogs and I can't for the life of me find The White Stripes - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground 2012 TMR170 on red vinyl.

Does anyone know where to find it? The main submission has black vinyl and the secondary submission is regarding a misprinted label.

Can anyone help me with a link the the release I'm looking for? Thanks.
https://www.discogs.com/The-White-Strip ... se/4053391
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

melikecheese wrote:
stoutr wrote:
Excellent. I have a sealed one and an open one. Bully!
That thing sold out in way less then 30 mins. I got shut out about 15 mins in. Never got on...

That was the day I realized it was no longer going to be fairly easy to buy any WS limited release like it had been. Oh how times change.
Didn't realize so many peeps didn't get one of these! Just noticed the thread was bumped so wanted to quickly post this. I actually have a few still sealed. PM if anyone is interested in grabbing one or trade.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Thanks kramer10.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.