Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Post by higherlimits »

I don't think you legally need to.. The person who painted it would have the copyright I think. I'm not sure how that all works though.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

higherlimits wrote:I don't think you legally need to.. The person who painted it would have the copyright I think. I'm not sure how that all works though.
I think with that price tag, copyrights of the artwork are included

Anyhow I was joe king.
Would be nice to see them all displayed together at one point though.

btw. According to the latest Record Collector with the top 200 most valuable records Nicole's copy should be at no 2 or 3 I think.
I'm pretty convinced though that they've left out quite a few other pricey vinyls in their top 10.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Bikedo wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
That's a great idea!
Yeah but too bad I aint giving permission to use images of mine for any re-issues.
Good, I hope I am the only one that allows it to happen. Then everyone will own a reissue of it but I'll own the only original.
Can't do anything but drive the value of the originals up imo.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

how many are there that are left un -seen at this point?
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

harvestgirl wrote:how many are there that are left un -seen at this point?
The ones I haven't seen are 1-2-5-8-11 and 13
Last edited by Bikedo on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

With all this talk of what they look like, I started searching for pics. If there are pics of more, I'd love to see them.

Last edited by rsimms3 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Bikedo wrote:
harvestgirl wrote:how many are there that are left un -seen at this point?
The ones I haven't seen are 1-2-5-8-11-13 and 14
I think I have seen all but 3 of them but then again I dream about them a lot so it all could have all been a dream :-)
Grim
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

rsimms3 wrote: #? - Didn't see the number mentioned or a picture of the back in this thread
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

i really like that one, love the black.

everyone thought that #15 was the collab, but it is not.

do you think yours is?
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Okay mofos, the facts.

I'm guaranteed by the galaxy's foremost expert on such matters that it's painted by Jack, despite the absence of a III on the reverse.

It's true I wasn't there twelve years ago to witness but that assurance and a COA bearing Third Man letterhead are good enough for me.

It's one of my most precious possessions, definitely part of a permanent collection suckers.

Who knew at Christmas 2002 when I unwrapped that White Blood Cells CD from the one I love that it would lead down this path.

Also got Pet Sounds that day. So a life-changing morning really.

As I've said in the past, would definitely agree to public display as part of a complete-as-possible set of fifteen.

The White Stripes will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2023 or 2024. That seems like a good time.

I'm sure the band and inner circle have their own (more significant) memorabilia though, but hey you never know.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Thanks for the info.

When you say TWS WILL be inducted are you assuming all bands that formed 25 years ago get in, there are a lot more successful, and critical bands that have not been inducted. If there is no new output I can't see a band that existed for 8 years without any material for 15 being inducted. I also think JW is more likely as it would cover Stripes, Racs, DW et al, none of which, I think will exist long enough to qualify on their own.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

Is he havin' a laugh? I disagree with pretty much everything you've just said.

Although I hate the term, the White Stripes are one of the most 'important' bands of this era.

They are iconic, and over the years have played their cards right with the press and those high places.

Next year they will already have something on display at the Hall of Fame and they're not even in yet!

Other bands up for nomination in 2023 will be 'N Sync, Black Eyed Peas, Death Cab for Cutie, and Queens of the Stone Age.

I don't automatically assume "all" bands that formed 25 years ago get in, otherwise there would be a lot more than 170 inductees.

Jack wouldn't qualify solo because he hasn't done anything solo! Being a member of a band does not get you in on your own. That's why Clapton's in three times!

Sex Pistols are in and they have one album. Besides, there will be activity in the next fifteen years. Possibly the next fifteen months!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Not to mention there are different categories other than actually being in a band. I would think Jack could easily get in under other circumstances, potentially as a producer, seperately from his involvement in the White Stripes. I agree, the White Stripes will be in the HoF, it's just a matter of when.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame wrote:
The Categories
Performers
Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artists’ contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of more than 500 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes - and more than 50 percent of the vote - are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Non-Performers
Songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll.

Early Influences
Artists whose music predated rock and roll but had an impact on the evolution of rock and roll and inspired rock’s leading artists.

The special selection committee elects the inductees in the Non-Performer and Early Influences categories.

Side Men
This category was introduced in 2000. It honors those musicians who have spent their careers out of the spotlight, performing as backup musicians for major artists on recording sessions and in concert. Though they often play a key role in the creation of memorable music, the public rarely knows them by name. A separate committee, composed primarily of producers, selects the inductees in this category.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Not that I don't enjoy the R&R HOF conversation but I thought I'd get us back on topic.
Here are a few pics I took today for the fun of it and also an old clipping from a magazine. Ben must have just turned driving age in this picture. LOL
Loved that he used a pic of #7 even back then.
Grim
Last edited by Grimtale on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

I remember that article coming out, NME i think.
Last edited by chris865 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.