Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Handpainted Lafayette Blues

Post by Grimtale »

Bikedo wrote:Dude you shell out $2k for something and it is yours to do with what you like... show it, burn it, hide it, sleep with it, whatever you like....... ;)
Don't make me jealous now...
what was $2k yesterday is $18k today, will be $25k tomorrow... rinse and repeat....
Besides it's all relative.
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Grimtale wrote: There's nothing public domain about it other than out of the goodness of their hearts they are letting them be seen.
-Grim
It took me a while before I posted high res. pics of mine.
I guess I was afraid people would copy it or something.
Not that scared now 'cause there is only one #10 and everybody knows I have it...... albeit in a safe now together with some other items.

What is strange is that some owners don't want their Lafayettes shown to the public eventhough #4,7,9,10 + 12 have been on "expecting" for years now. In fact that's where I first posted a picture of the one I have.
Or is Sean maybe talking about other copies than the 6 that we have pictures from.
I remember roxxan [LR] saying recently that she actually saw/laid her hands upon #14, but said she forgot to take pictures of it....... mmmmm the search continues.
Recently we've heard 10K+, $12k, $15k and even 20k.
I guess one of these is from Grim but the $20k is that a new/unsurfaced sleeve, and are these 4 prices just guesses or did 4 handpainted sleeves actually change owners in the last few months?....... questions, questions...... any answers?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Bikedo wrote:
Grimtale wrote: There's nothing public domain about it other than out of the goodness of their hearts they are letting them be seen.
-Grim
It took me a while before I posted high res. pics of mine.
I guess I was afraid people would copy it or something.
Not that scared now 'cause there is only one #10 and everybody knows I have it...... albeit in a safe now together with some other items.

What is strange is that some owners don't want their Lafayettes shown to the public eventhough #4,7,9,10 + 12 have been on "expecting" for years now. In fact that's where I first posted a picture of the one I have.
Or is Sean maybe talking about other copies than the 6 that we have pictures from.
I remember roxxan [LR] saying recently that she actually saw/laid her hands upon #14, but said she forgot to take pictures of it....... mmmmm the search continues.
Recently we've heard 10K+, $12k, $15k and even 20k.
I guess one of these is from Grim but the $20k is that a new/unsurfaced sleeve, and are these 4 prices just guesses or did 4 handpainted sleeves actually change owners in the last few months?....... questions, questions...... any answers?
I can only state things that I know personally, take them for what they are worth. Just my $.02 worth.

1. I lost out on one at $14k where I stopped my offers early this summer. It wasn't my favorite artwork or sleeve so I wasn't willing to go any higher on it. I'm assuming it sold in the $15k range. I can't comment on which # it was due to the owner/buyer wanting it kept private. But for sure it has sold, I've since inquired with the seller to see if it was still for sale.

2. I paid $15k'ish for #7 in August or so.

3. I heard that Dave Buick had a friend that sold one earlier this year for $12k but failed to advertise it here, on LR or on ebay, I'm sure it would have sold for more as I was actively seeking one at that time and might would have went $15k or more depending on the appeal to me. This was a 2nd hand story so I can't validate this other than to say I heard it from a very reliable source.

4. I am currently seeking a Jack HP Lafayette and am willing to go $15k+ depending on how the aesthetics of it appeal to me.

I've collected rare vinyl for nearly 25 years. I've own/have owned some rare chit such as a 1st state stereo butcher, dozen or more 1st state monos/peels, Lennon roots, zeppelin turquoise still sealed, zeppelin 1st album test pressing, under #100 white album, spiders & Nazz 45s (early alice cooper). entire set of Kiss Casablanca acetates, entire set of Dylan mono's, and a whole slew of other rare records. I've yet to make a bad investment in vinyl of any significant value. I don't think these HP Lafayette Blues are going to let me down either. Same goes for the HP HYFTH. These things are gold imo...

-Grim
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Well thank you very much :)
That's the kind of info I enjoy reading.

Maybe the fact that you, Ian and I have all shown big pics of our handpainted sleeves will
convince other owners to do the same.
I mean they can stay anonymous and still show some pictures, right?..... unless off course they have other reasons not to show them.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Bikedo wrote:Well thank you very much :)
That's the kind of info I enjoy reading.

Maybe the fact that you, Ian and I have all shown big pics of our handpainted sleeves will
convince other owners to do the same.
I mean they can stay anonymous and still show some pictures, right?..... unless off course they have other reasons not to show them.
I still have some other cool Jack related items that I've not shown. Not that I'm not willing to but I like to save stuff for when the boards are dead and need a little revival.
Maybe even another hand painted item or two :-)
I waited a few months to show my Jack HP #7 as well as the Jack HP HYFTH until it felt like the right day.

-Grim
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

It is Christmas..... :D
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

love_islander wrote:It is Christmas..... :D
I have something planned to show on Christmas. Been telling people on the vault about it a few months now.
-Grim
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Grimtale wrote:
love_islander wrote:It is Christmas..... :D
I have something planned to show on Christmas. Been telling people on the vault about it a few months now.
-Grim
bring it on!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

In case anyone hasn't heard, that "#8" is completely fake. There are at least 3 points from his pictures that CONFIRM that it's fake.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

He must be on here under a new name - surely
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

mkuborn
Little Ghost

Post by mkuborn »

That is awesome!
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Wow. I was wondering where that one settled. Congrats.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

crimpies wrote:Image

JESUS CHRIST!!!! STORY NOW!