Paint by#'s lafayette blues-lets shake hands:

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Re: Paint by#'s lafayette blues-lets shake hands:

Post by edwardcarlton »

artstudent13 wrote:thanks for the photos trickster! i wonder how much they went for at thirdman if they are going for $150 on ebay...?
TMR was selling them for $15 on RSD, but it was such a mess that day. It took them over 4 hours to have 60 people go through the check out line. They had huge problems as if they never practiced checking people out before they opened the doors. It took 4 people and 25 minutes to ring up my records and all I bought were the RSD specials, 3 records. They couldnt figure out how to find the items in the register system and people kept cutting in line. They ended up selling me my Paint by numbers for the regular single price ($6) and they couldn't figure out how to charge me tax so they just didn't. It was the usually TMR unorganized cluster F. It made me vow not to attend anymore of their special events. I was very disappointed in the way they handled things. People were actually yelling at the staff because they kept letting people in from the back of the line ahead of people who had been there hours before. The door man also told people they were sold out of the special releases and prevented people from getting in line for them even though they still had plenty of the special releases. It was a complete mess and the staff really didn't seem to care. I purchased my records and left. I didn't stay for the music because I couldn't stand to be in that building anymore. Completely unorganized, no one knew what was going on. Worst TMR event I've attended.
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

edwardcarlton wrote:
artstudent13 wrote:thanks for the photos trickster! i wonder how much they went for at thirdman if they are going for $150 on ebay...?
TMR was selling them for $15 on RSD, but it was such a mess that day. It took them over 4 hours to have 60 people go through the check out line. They had huge problems as if they never practiced checking people out before they opened the doors. It took 4 people and 25 minutes to ring up my records and all I bought were the RSD specials, 3 records. They couldnt figure out how to find the items in the register system and people kept cutting in line. They ended up selling me my Paint by numbers for the regular single price ($6) and they couldn't figure out how to charge me tax so they just didn't. It was the usually TMR unorganized cluster F. It made me vow not to attend anymore of their special events. I was very disappointed in the way they handled things. People were actually yelling at the staff because they kept letting people in from the back of the line ahead of people who had been there hours before. The door man also told people they were sold out of the special releases and prevented people from getting in line for them even though they still had plenty of the special releases. It was a complete mess and the staff really didn't seem to care. I purchased my records and left. I didn't stay for the music because I couldn't stand to be in that building anymore. Completely unorganized, no one knew what was going on. Worst TMR event I've attended.
It's sad really. Not sure how their hiring process works, but I've had similar experiences.
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

wow, now im glad i couldn't make it lol.. thanks for the info ! :shock:
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

edwardcarlton wrote: TMR was selling them for $15 on RSD, but it was such a mess that day. It took them over 4 hours to have 60 people go through the check out line. They had huge problems as if they never practiced checking people out before they opened the doors. It took 4 people and 25 minutes to ring up my records and all I bought were the RSD specials, 3 records. They couldnt figure out how to find the items in the register system and people kept cutting in line. They ended up selling me my Paint by numbers for the regular single price ($6) and they couldn't figure out how to charge me tax so they just didn't. It was the usually TMR unorganized cluster F. It made me vow not to attend anymore of their special events. I was very disappointed in the way they handled things. People were actually yelling at the staff because they kept letting people in from the back of the line ahead of people who had been there hours before. The door man also told people they were sold out of the special releases and prevented people from getting in line for them even though they still had plenty of the special releases. It was a complete mess and the staff really didn't seem to care. I purchased my records and left. I didn't stay for the music because I couldn't stand to be in that building anymore. Completely unorganized, no one knew what was going on. Worst TMR event I've attended.
this is very sad.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Having worked in retail for a verrrrrrry loooooooooong time and having just gone through a store expansion in which we installed a new POS system, I can tell you that no amount of practice transactions will fully prepare you for having hundreds of customers in your face. In a perfect world, TMR would have had a soft opening before Black Friday so they could have been a bit more prepared. But that wouldn't have been as exciting as tying their grand opening in with Record Store Day. Jack has apparently never worked point-of-sale, so making a big splash won out.

I had a terrific experience there on Sunday of that weekend, the staff was great. Obviously still figuring things out, but very gracious and friendly.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

Kali Durga... THANKS good to know :clap:
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

You had to know going in that is was going to be over the top total chaos.
That's why you have to camp out and be up front or go later and try to control your anxiety and have extreme patience!

I'm going to wait and go later on when the madness has died down. I can't wait to go!

But I guarantee you the folks at TMR tried their very best :-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

dr.dano wrote:Image
You're awesome!
Hyperbole used for effect!
dr.dano
Little Cream Soda

Post by dr.dano »

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

:-)
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Impressive.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

That's beautiful! :D
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Thanks very much for the scans, and glad to see people actually painting them. Good job.
carne517
Little Cream Soda

Post by carne517 »

Did you use the paint and the brushes provided? Or did you purchase some? Either way looks great. I let my daughter paint mine, so it's not as...precise. They put these out to be painted, and have fun with.
The only way you'll ever learn a thing
Is to admit that you know absolutely nothing
Oh, nothing