Third-D Video

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Third-D Video

Post by Stl_ben »

Jack & Third Man Records are excited to announce the release of the “JACK WHITE: THIRD-D” Google Cardboard virtual reality video app. Watch in immersive 360 degree, stereoscopic 3D and listen to music mixed in Dolby Atmos to feel like you were “there” for Jack's performance of “Freedom At 21” and “Ball and Biscuit” at The Bleacher Theater at Fenway Park and “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground” at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Download the app now via the Google Play Store.

Users will need a recent 5” or 6” Android phone and a Google Cardboard virtual reality viewer which turns the phone into a VR headset. For those without Cardboard headsets, the app is also capable of showing 2D video on its own or you can make your own Cardboard headset out of everyday items by following the instructions here.

To celebrate the release of the new app and help usher in the dawn of a new era in video technology, Third Man Records will be giving away special edition Third Man Google Cardboard headsets to the first 75 Android phone users that purchase the Lazaretto ULTRA LP in the Nashville store on Wednesday, December 10th. Additionally, Third Man will be showcasing the new app with three demo Cardboard headsets and Samsung S5 phones in the store starting Wednesday too.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Third-D Video

Post by chaptertwentyone »

FS: Jack White Cardboard Viewer $200
PM if interested

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

That's awesome
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:That's awesome
+1
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I phone ?
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Has anyone tried this out? I was given a Google cardboard pack for something else this week so I was finally able to give this a go and it's phenomenal. I was assuming it'd just be 3D, didn't realise that it uses the accelerometer in the phone so that you can turn your head to look around though. Colour me impressed. I hope they recorded more footage in this way before he stopped touring.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I've always wanted to try this.
The other day I discovered what 360 videos are like on YouTube and I can't imagine a better, similar application for it then a Jack show.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”