Album: Get Behind Me Satan

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Album: Get Behind Me Satan

Post by trickster »

destijl wrote:It is the worst White Stripes LP
I will just say it ranks last in the White Stripes album list. It sounds better and people won't flame you :P
I was discussing this with a few friends and even mentioned it in here.
I dont know why everyone thinks this is their best album.
I am glad to see we agree on this one John.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

Moby Disc in Odense, Denmark still had a good amount of copies left this afternoon. So will probably be selling them for a fair price next week on their website.

www.mobydisc.dk

If anyone is interested.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

carlena777 wrote:
Coma16 wrote:I was able to score a copy this morning. It wasn't cheap, $54.99 CAD plus tax ($62 total)! Figured I wasn't getting this quarter's vault pack, and I was up and in line, so what the heck.

The shop I went to didn't have any copies of Elvis or Foo Fighters in stock at all... I wonder if they didn't get any or if they kept them for themselves?
Wow 60 bucks I'm in Canada as well and got it for 41.99 where did you go?
Kops on Bloor St as in Toronto, and it was $55 pretax. You got it for a steal being $13 cheaper. With the exchange rate I think your record store might have lost money lol. I'm just glad I got a copy because the lineups were insane at Sonic Boom and Rotate This.
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

Coma16 wrote:
carlena777 wrote:
Coma16 wrote:I was able to score a copy this morning. It wasn't cheap, $54.99 CAD plus tax ($62 total)! Figured I wasn't getting this quarter's vault pack, and I was up and in line, so what the heck.

The shop I went to didn't have any copies of Elvis or Foo Fighters in stock at all... I wonder if they didn't get any or if they kept them for themselves?
Kops on Bloor St as in Toronto, and it was $55 pretax. You got it for a steal being $13 cheaper. With the exchange rate I think your record store might have lost money lol. I'm just glad I got a copy because the lineups were insane at Sonic Boom and Rotate This.
Haha ya I can see that....I was gonna go to sonic boom but way too many people
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

carlena777 wrote:
Coma16 wrote:
carlena777 wrote:

Where did you get yours at? Did they have Elvis?
carlena777
Little Bird

Post by carlena777 »

Coma16 wrote:
carlena777 wrote:
Coma16 wrote:
carlena777 wrote:

Where did you get yours at? Did they have Elvis?
Play de record on yonge and dundas.. I didn't get a chance to ask if they had the Elvis but I'm sure if you call they'll tell you if they have and how many.
straightedge
Little Bird

Post by straightedge »

could somebody from europe (or somewhere else) help me to get this one?
seems that in whole poland wasn't a single copy of it
i'd be more than grateful
thanks
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

Like I said... contact Moby Disc....

Maybe over facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/mobydisc?fref=ts
Quexzea
Little Bird

Post by Quexzea »

destijl wrote:£45 at my local. They had loads. Looks OK, plays OK. It is the worst White Stripes LP

There are no bad WS lip's imo. GBMS is just different. Jack and Meg explored a lot of different territory on the album. I enjoy it just fine.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

My store had it for $36! Seems like the best price I've seen.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

In the end I couldn't NOT get it. Was £39 in my local, which I didn't like having to pay, but little else I could do. It was top of my want list since it was announced. I haven't went for the download yet, but even though it's WAV files, they're the same as a lossless CD rip, other than the order, am I right?
Lolmann
Little Bird

Post by Lolmann »

In Hamburg, Germany no record store got the LP. Is anybody here who wants to sell a copy for a fair price?
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

Chiefbrody wrote:In the end I couldn't NOT get it. Was £39 in my local, which I didn't like having to pay, but little else I could do. It was top of my want list since it was announced. I haven't went for the download yet, but even though it's WAV files, they're the same as a lossless CD rip, other than the order, am I right?
I work at a record store and the dealer price was £30 on the GBMS record. We had it for sale at £46 while others had it for £55 (I picked up another just to make sure)
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Thanks god I have a copy !
I thought it was impossible but my local store had one copy, just one. I searched, I was desperate because one or two others guys searched too, and suddenly my girl friend called me and said : I got it ! Holy sh*t it's not a dream. And the funny thing it's that the local press was here, they interviewed us and we will be in newspaper with the LP in picture. :D
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Quexzea wrote:
destijl wrote:£45 at my local. They had loads. Looks OK, plays OK. It is the worst White Stripes LP

There are no bad WS lip's imo. GBMS is just different. Jack and Meg explored a lot of different territory on the album. I enjoy it just fine.
It's OK. There are a couple of winners on there but the rest are either mediocre or shit.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.