Studio LPs - Rarest/Coolest Pressings

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
Pooh0367
Little Bird

Studio LPs - Rarest/Coolest Pressings

Post by Pooh0367 »

Hi again
As much as I love vinyl and have a very large collection of 7"s (mainly 1976-80 punk/new wave + Stereolab & The White Stripes) I sold a lot of my LPs once CDs materialised and, to my shame, have never bought any of the Stripes' albums on vinyl and would like to rectify this. With this in mind I'd like to try and track down the rarest and/or most aesthetically-lovely pressing of each LP. I'd welcome your expert knowledge/opinions on where to start and what to look out for (and whether I need to remortgage my house :? ) Any thoughts/info would be much appreciated. Cheers
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Studio LPs - Rarest/Coolest Pressings

Post by dylnfan »

Pooh0367 wrote:Hi again
As much as I love vinyl and have a very large collection of 7"s (mainly 1976-80 punk/new wave + Stereolab & The White Stripes) I sold a lot of my LPs once CDs materialised and, to my shame, have never bought any of the Stripes' albums on vinyl and would like to rectify this. With this in mind I'd like to try and track down the rarest and/or most aesthetically-lovely pressing of each LP. I'd welcome your expert knowledge/opinions on where to start and what to look out for (and whether I need to remortgage my house :? ) Any thoughts/info would be much appreciated. Cheers
Not sure what mortgage rates are right now, but...
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Haha pretty sure I inow who you are. We've met several times in Letchworth at RSD
Never trust a hippy
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

@dmdv1 Is "haha* a good thing?

If so......
@Pooh90210 I have an Elephant LP you might like.
Check the link in my sig.
Last edited by Bikedo on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I have some split color TWS lps and a 13 incher
If your interested
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Bikedo wrote:@dmbv1 Is "haha* a good thing?

If so......
@Pooh90210 I have an Elephant LP you might like.
Check the link in my sig.
Yes very good guy
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kaber wrote:I have some split color TWS lps and a 13 incher
If your interested
13 inches? God doesn't give those out often.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Get the Austrailian Elephant offered in this thread, the split color versions of S/T, De Stijl, and White Blood Cells, the promo of Get Behind Me Satan (either of the existing copies is rare but I prefer the art on the promo), and the mono vault pressing of Icky Thump.

The 13"ers are cool but novelties as they are unplayable (too big).
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

I think there's a rare tour edition of WBC on that is collectable but I can't remember the details sorry

Edit: Something about red vinyl
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

13" records are not unplayable....mine play just fine.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Also, the 13" records are just V2 pressings with an extra 1/2" of vinyl around the edges.

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... 979#p51979
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Pooh0367
Little Bird

Post by Pooh0367 »

dmdv1 wrote:
Haha pretty sure I inow who you are. We've met several times in Letchworth at RSD
We have indeed - hello! :) it's a small world!! Hope you're well - I was gutted not to be able to get up to David's Music in Letchworth this year for RSD but was getting over an operation. Will def see you there next April for another all-nighter if you're going.

Thanks all for recommendations so far. Much appreciated.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Pooh0367 wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
We have indeed - hello! :) it's a small world!! Hope you're well - I was gutted not to be able to get up to David's Music in Letchworth this year for RSD but was getting over an operation. Will def see you there next April for another all-nighter if you're going.

Thanks all for recommendations so far. Much appreciated.
I did wonder where you were lol. And yes sigh I'll be lining up outside at some ungodly hour
Never trust a hippy
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

For a One Direction 7?
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kaber wrote:For a One Direction 7?
You want me to get you one again?